Chapter 15: Betrayal

Kiana

I was walking through the halls of Foxfire. And then Asher showed up.

"Can you come with me?"

"Sure."

"To my house, I mean," he explained.

"Yeah."

"Okay, come on!"

So then he led me to an unfamiliar part of our street.

"Is this really your house?" I asked.

"Yup, just around the corner," Asher told me emotionlessly.

He opened the door to an abandoned warehouse.

"So this is your house?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... yeah."

"Sorry, it's just..." I shifted my weight.

This is VERY suspicious and sketchy.

"Sorry about this," Asher whispered.

"Huh—" I began.

Then we light leaped somewhere I didn't recognize.

We were in a dark and sketchy and shady... - wait, did I already say that?

I saw a white eyeball thing... the sign of...

The Neverseen.

Asher had a black heavy cloak on with the white eyeball thing. Did that mean... he was part of the Neverseeen?Asher took out a sharp silver knife and held it to my neck.

"Asher...?"

He held me in place as I struggled to get out,"don't worry. I-I won't hurt you." He paused, "I love you...but, I have to go."

Then, something happened... something I thought would NEVER happen.

He kissed me.

I knew what this meant. He was committing suicide. Asher held the knife to his neck and released me from his grip.

"Asher, no!" I cried.

I saw blood on the floor. But, under all that blood, I see a small note.

I picked it up...

Dear my beloved Kiana, I love you with all my heart. But, alas I must kill myself. I'm sorry... so so sorry but I will go crazy if I don't kill myself. I was so selfish and blinded, I wanted to get out of prison held by Fintan so much. So, you'll be found... I have left you a light leaping crystal, so you know how to get home.

Love, Asher

P.S. The crystal is attached.