𝑭𝒍𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 (Regulus Black x female!Gryffindor!reader)

Start from the beginning

"I think I have that too," I hummed.

"L/n!"

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Madam Hooch motioning me over.

"I'll see you guys," I murmured, turning on my heel and making my way back to my flying teacher.

I smiled at her,"Yes, Miss Hooch?"

"L/n, let's talk about your flying skills,"

Oh, fuck I thought, a cold sweat breaking out on the nape of my neck.

"M-my flying skills?" I inquired, hoping I heard wrong only to deflate internally as she nodded.

"You have a lot of potential, L/n. But, you don't put enough effort into it. You have to trust yourself and your broom." She explained.

"With all due respect, Madam Hooch, I don't plan on joining the quidditch team or playing quidditch professionally after school," I confessed.

She raised a brow,"Oh? You think you need to learn how to fly properly only for the sake of quidditch?"

I felt nervous and began picking at my hands, avoiding her golden eyes.

"N-not at all, M-madam-"

"Well, regardless, every witch and wizard should know how to fly a broom."

"So, I'm assigning you a flying instructor," she added.

I froze, gripping my broom,"Flying.. instructor?"

She hummed, motioning to something behind me. Or someone..

I heard leaves crunching behind me before my eyes landed on dark brown buckled flying boots with a small Slytherin crest on the buckle.

"You wanted to see me, Madam Hooch?"

I froze, feeling myself become nervous. I knew that voice.

I slowly turned my gaze to the side and landed on Regulus Arcturus Black - Sirius' little brother who got pushed up a year -,  dressed in his Slytherin quidditch robes.

Green looks good on him I thought.

"I want you to help Miss L/n with her flying skills. This won't be a permanent thing and Miss L/n is a fast learner so, you'll be coming here every day after your last classes end for three or four months." She explained.

Regulus nodded slowly,"Of course Madam Hooch, but may I inquire why you'd want me to teach her and not James?"

"Oh, James would kill the poor girl,"

I nodded,"True, true,"

"Well, I'll leave you two to it. I have the new first years on the other side of the castle." She began walking off, stopping halfway and looked over her shoulder,"No fighting!"

I watched as she grabbed her broom and flew to the otherside of the castle.

"So.." I trailed, kicking one foot in the grass.

"First things first," he turned to me,"We're going to start with some basic flying exercises for now. After this session, we will further discuss times that'll be most appropriate with our classes, alright?"

I nodded, smiling nervously,"A-alright."

He turned on his heel,"Well, come on."

I followed Regulus at a distance, broom still tucked under my arm while I couldn't help but admire the way he walked. Head held high, back straight, shoulders broad; Regulus carried himself with pride, elegance and dignity and everything else you'd expect Regulus to. Unlike Sirius, who often slumped.