CHAPTER TWELVE ; ODD ONE OUT

Start from the beginning

"Now what are you going to do? Are you going to scare us and live here, infected?" The representative asked her in a threatening tone and Sae-bom scratched her head. "I just came here because I got angry." She explained to the madwoman in front of her.

"Since we're all here anyway, should we look for the infected?" Sae-bom asked the group and the lawyer's wife stepped in front. "Is there a way?" She asked worriedly. "I'm sure you all know that the infected feel thirsty. So what would happen if they see human blood after holding it and hiding their thirst?" Sae-bom informed and she asked everyone.

"Where's the blood?" Dr. Oh asked while his voice was shaking, still frightened from what she did earlier. "Here," Sae-bom said casually and she raised her hand. You looked at her from behind worriedly, knowing what she was gonna do. You could only hope Yi-Hyun would come at the right time to stop her.

As if God heard your thoughts, Yi-Hyun ran past you and took the knife from Sae-bom's hands. He quickly raised his hand and cut his palm, shocking everyone else in the room.

Yi-Hyun threw the knife away, and it happened to land in front of you. You grimaced at the blood from the knife and looked away from it. "Darn it." Sae-bom removed her jacket and went to Yi-Hyun to lessen the bleeding, but Yi-Hyun walked away from her.

"It's okay," Yi-Hyun assured her and he slowly walked toward everyone and raised his bleeding hand in front of them. You looked at Bo-Ram who was looking down at the floor. Your brows furrowed and your suspicion heightened. "Uh Oh." You mumbled when Yi-Hyun stopped in front of her for the second time.

Andrew, who was beside you looked at you because he somewhat heard you. He quickly averted his gaze and he turned to the now infected Bo-Ram. Sae-bom quickly put her jacket on the teenager's neck to prevent her from biting Yi-Hyun.

Bo-Ram broke free from Sae-bom's hold, and she pinned Yi-Hyun to the ground down, determined to bite him to relieve her thirst. You looked at the knife under you and bit your lip. You kneeled to get it, but Andrew saw you and he quickly kicked the knife away from you and into the direction of the struggling Yi-Hyun.

He probably knew you were gonna cut yourself to draw blood from your wrist and distract Bo-ram, but he probably didn't like the idea of having the infected lady chase after someone who was literally beside him.

You turned to Andrew with annoyance, and he shrugged. Yi-Hyun grabbed the knife and made a small cut to Bo-ram's shoulder. Sae-bom recovered quickly and she pulled the infected away from Yi-Hyun. She used her jacket to avoid touching her, and Yi-Hyun took a black jacket and covered her face. They both successfully apprehended the infected and everyone else around the room screamed in fear.

———————————————

You were gonna leave the room, not wanting to hear the representative and cleaners fight again. Yi-Hyun ran in front of the door, startling you a little. "You're all still here." He said while panting a little. "What is it now?" Dr. Oh asked annoyed, not wanting to talk to him.

"You can't just go. Sae-bom went through all that trouble." Yi-Hyun said and he pushed the doctor back to the room. "Gosh." Dr. Oh exclaimed, frustrated that he couldn't leave yet.

"We must find everyone infected until the end. Mr. Oh, we don't know if you're infected, either. Don't you think so?" He asked and he turned to the representative. "You too, building representative." He added and she looked at him with shock, offended by his words.