CHAPTER TWELVE ; ODD ONE OUT

Start from the beginning

"What? What happened with them?" You asked worriedly and the representative turned to you. "There may be a chance that your friend is infected." She told you and you looked at her with disbelief.

"It may be better to just kick her out of there. Human beings tend to be strangely brave when they have nothing or nobody to back them up." Dr. Oh said and the priest left the room.

"The disease occurs when they drink water. The water in that house. Wouldn't it be more dangerous if it's there?" He asked and the representative nodded at him.

"Right. They have a lot of water, but we can't just throw it away. The lockdown is getting longer and everyone must be having difficulties." She agreed with him and said.

"So let's share them equally among all the residents." Dr. Oh suggested and you sighed in annoyance. You decided to leave the room and inform Sae-bom and Yi-Hyun about the meeting so they'll know what to do.

It wasn't very far from the room yet, but you heard footsteps behind you and you saw Andrew. "Andrew? What is it?" You stopped and asked him. "I'm coming with you." He told you and he walked beside you so now you were walking together.

"Alright, thanks." You thanked him and smiled. The both of you walked to the couple's apartment, and it was kinda nice considering this is the first time you didn't feel that awkward while being with him.

Both of you reached your destination and you knocked on the door. Andrew was gonna turn away but Sae-bom opened the door, making you back away to create some space. Sae-bom took a peek outside to try and see if there were anyone else, and when she saw nothing she went back.

"The detective went up," Andrew told her and Sae-bom sliced an apple in her hands. "Went up to where?" She asked you both while her eyes were fixated on the fruit. "The people upstairs are planning to kick you out, care to explain what happened here?" You informed her and asked.

Sae-bom bit the piece of apple she just cut and she looked away from the apple and then focused on the both of you. "Kick us out to where?" She asked. "Outside. They're also planning to take your water and food." Andrew informed her and Yi-Hyun walked to Sae-bom.

"Stay here with Seo-Yoon," Sae-bom ordered her husband and threw the half-sliced apple at him. She went out of her unit and began to walk to the gathered residents. "Sae-bom! Yoon Sae-bom! Stay calm!" Yi-Hyun tried to stop Sae-bom.

You and Andrew chased after Sae-bom and you left the worried Yi-Hyun behind. The three of you were running at the stairs and you panted. "Damn it, slow down!" You told her but she didn't listen and she continued to walk even faster.

The three of you finally reached the unit and Sae-bom went in first, startling everyone inside the room. When you and Andrew went in, Sae-bom was pointing a gun at Dr. Oh. "What? Are you going to shoot? And kill us all?" The doctor asked loudly while holding the side of his neck.

"Hey, Sae-bom. Calm down." Jung-Kook tried to tell her but Sae-bom stayed still. "It's okay, just let her be! She doesn't even have the guts to shoot! Go ahead and shoot!" Dr. Oh shouted and taunted Sae-bom to do it.

The doctor cowered on the ground and Sae-bom looked at him without moving. A few seconds later, Sae-bom pressed the trigger but no bullet came out. Everyone else around the room panicked and looked away, scared of what they thought was gonna happen.

"Police officers always leave the first round empty," Sae-bom informed, and you looked at the doctor who had wet his pants, you mentally laughed at the guy who deserved it.