Oh How I Envy

Six months.

Six months have passed since I came here.

And to be serious, I don't know what was to come out of this.

I mean probably the only good thing that has come out of this is Carmen. She's been helping me, like Laura did, but at my own pace and my own way. And Alpha Storm isn't like my old Alpha. He's nicer, more patient, and it's like he understands. He held a pack meeting the first night and I was surprised to learn from Carmen how many wolves here were sorta disabled in a way.

It still didn't make me feel any better though.

Right now, I'm sitting in the middle of the front yard, trying to decipher the sounds of the forest. I wasn't allowed outside in the beginning all that much, only to go on pack runs where I wasn't able to just sit and relax.

"Lyn?"

I turned my head to the sound of Carmen's voice. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to a concert with me. I know you can't see but you can at least hear the music." I heard her come and sit beside me. I crossed my legs. "Whose playing?" I heard a smile creep on to her face. "That's what I'm excited to tell you. Blessthefall, Modern Day Escape, Of Mice And Men and our favorite, Motionless In White."

I smiled and sorta squealed. Carmen laughed. "I'll take that as a yes. I'll go get the tickets." I nodded and thanked her. I turned back toward the forest and tried to keep calm. I was excited! I love MIW so much and they've done so much. And to think I would meet them. But I wouldn't see them though.

And that made me even more depressed.

And it made me think too.

How will I ever know if I even have a mate if they never want to be around me?

I sighed and leaned backwards, the ground touching my back in a matter of moments.

"Lyn! One more thing: concerts tonight." I laughed. " Thanks for the heads up." I heard her chuckle and the crunching of the gravel as she walked away. " I'll lay something out for you.", she yelled while getting farther away. I sighed and went back to listening to the forest.

"What does it look like? My outfit, I mean.", I asked Carmen in our room later. It was silent before she started talking. "Well, it's that MIW raven top you were wearing when you came, black skinnies with your black vans and I'm going to do your make up." I nodded and felt my way over to the vanity table, finding it as I touched a mirror. I sat down and felt Carmen start to apply powder.

"What will it look like when your done." Carmen talked as she continued to apply. "Well I'm putting pale powder on you, so your face will be paler than the rest of your skin. Then I'll put mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow, maybe a hint of blush if I think you need it." I nodded and waited for her to be done.

About ten minutes later, Carmen patted my shoulder signaling she was done. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, Carmen having to help put on the tooth paste. She ran a brush through my hair and I could hear her straightening it too.

After a minute or two, we made our way to the garage. We were met by Alpha Storm. "You have tickets, Carmen?", he asked, his voice rumbling deep in his chest. "Yes, sir." He hugged us both and I heard him turn to Carmen. "You take care of her, you hear?" Carmen grabbed my hand and squeezed. "I will, Alpha." He walked away and we made our way to the cars. Carmen led me over to one and ran my hand along it. I smiled as it was a Mustang. She helped me in and then quickly made it over to the driver side, getting in herself. "Well let's get this show on the road, girl!", she yelled. I chuckled as I felt the car go in reverse.

I leaned my head on the window, Carmen humming to the Of Mice And Men CD she had just put in. I tuned everything out, even I loved Of Mice.

I just wanted to think a bit. I held back the tears threatening to fall while the faces of my family flew around in my mind. They were always there for me. Always there. I was the youngest, my parents were protective over me. Sure, my brother and sister never really paid attention to me, I knew they still cared. And I knew they watched over me from a distance. But there was no more protective parents, no more siblings to run too. No more sight to see.

I'm a broken mess. And I envy those who aren't. I sighed.

  I just want someone to help get rid of this darkness in my mind and in my heart.

---------------------------------------

Paralyzed by my envy of the night,

I am lost without you here,

And outside it looks like rain.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Finally, the long over due chapter is out!

YAY!

So I hope you guys like it, and for all of you who are still wondering when the guys are coming in, it's the next chapter. :)

I'm excited.

Anywhore, I wasn't very pleased with the song I chose.

I couldn't really find one I liked so I just sorta..... went with it?

And I couldn't find a good title either.

This sucks.

I may rewrite this chapter, I dunno.

Vote, Comment and Fan.

And go fan @handguns.

She plays Lyn Flora.

And she's amazing. <3

Love you!