"Dont worry about it, I got some money off my aunties while i was in Vegas. I'll bring you an Arizona too, okay?"

She nods and goes to watch tv in the living room. I follow begins her but to the door.

"I'll be back".
-

I make my way down the block. The store was smack dab in the middle of all 3 blocks.

Each street led to on specific corner store so each gang was bound to run into each other at one point or the other.

Most agreed that the corner store was a safe zone though. No bullets, no robberies, no gang activity.

I look both ways before jogging over to the other side walk that led to the store.

Once inside, I waved to the store owner- Mr. Robins (idk if he gotta name but we finna make it mr. robins)
"Hey Mr. R" I smile

"Hey Y/n, Monse back?"

"Yes sir! She wasnt feeling too hot, so Im buying her some goodies"

He nods "Nice of you, tell you what, get 3 extra things on the house."

"For real?" I stood unsure of why he offered

"Yeah go ahead, I owe your uncle anyways" I nodded and said thank you, walking toward the drinks.

When i reach the back i see the same tuft of curls i saw just HOURS before

"L..Lamont? Larauent- Uhhh tf was your n-" I act puzzled while he turns his head to me, rolling his eyes

"Latrelle. It's Latrelle" He deadpans

"I know" I grinned

He smiles back at me laughing a bit

"I can tell you're a handful huh?" He raises an eyebrow

"For the most part and only when necessary"

I reached in to the cooler, grabbing my cousin a fruit punch and a mango for me.

I flash a smile at the boy once more before walking to the candy.

He follows behind me though.

"So you got a sweet tooth right? All that candy I assume so" I turn to look at him

He has this adorable looks on his face a mix of curious and as if he's trying to hold conversation

"While i do have one, these are for my cousin. "

"Right right.. Monse is your cousin.. right?"

I chuckled "Yes, Latrelle. Monse is my cousin"

I go to walk off but he grabs my wrist

"Don't think I forgot."

I stare at him, amused

"And what didnt you forget" I ask

"You owe me, I'll come collect soon though"

"Sir- I dont owe you shit" I smirked

He too, grows a mischievous grin "Just remember" He brushes past me and walks up to the counter before leaving.

Once i hear the door jingle, I make my way to the front.

I go to pay but Mr. Robins stops me

"That Latrelle boy, he paid for it all"

I looked at him, blank faced. "He what?-"
~

I couldn't shake the thought of Latrelle after the store incident.

Now i KNOW i owe him...

I head home to Monse and my Uncle Monty. As i get ready to cross the street to our house I see Monse outside

"Mons! What are you doing?" I jogged up to the gate

"Was waiting for you, cmon i wanna talk to the guys again"

We head inside and call Ruby and Jamal. We held a conversation for about 30 minutes before Ruby tells us to let it go, once again.

Jamal says we can meet up at his dads spot tomorrow. And I decide upon my approach on how to kick Cesars ass. After tomorrow, we have school Monday.

I'd hate to get suspended my first day back but if push comes to shove...
~

TBC
we're making our way to the fight. Eventually im going to steer off of the main plot of the show to focus on Latrelle and Y/n

I wanted to use the first few chapters to establish characters.