His dad heads inside, leaving us to quiz Jamal. "You didnt go.. did you?" I smirked

Jamal shakes his head and sighs "Im just... Im not him.. but he's my dad. I dont wanna let him down.."

My smirk falters. Jamal was a good hearted person. He always thought of others and put himself aside.

I give him a side hug, kissing his cheek

Aye im not a complete hard ass..

"You'll figure it out Jay, and if you cant, you know I'll help you".

He smiles weakly "Thanks Y/n"

He hugs back as Monse gets ber evil little smirk on.

Oh boy..
One thing about the women of the Finney family... we scheme- a lot.

"Monse.. whats with the look- Dont hurt the boy" I shake my head leaving Jamal confused

"Huh-"

"Im gonna rat you out" Monse smirks as she cuts the sweet boy off.

"No!!" He shouts

"The drop the details. I need a full 411 on what he said"

"Absolutely not" Jamal attempts to stand his ground

Poor baby should know better when dealing with Monse.

Monse yells for his father "MR TURN-"

"FINE! Cesar said you let him hit before you left!" Jamal instantly covers his mouth and plops on the ground.

Im in shock...

Monse is... devastated..

And Cesar?

Oh... he's a dead man.
~
"Sey, Is it true?" I ask my cousin

"I-.."

"Monse..."

"It was supposed to be a secret..."
I buried my hands in to my head, now im definitely infuriated.

Monse was silent. I could tell this was eating at her, so i get up from my side of her room and engulf her in a hug.

"Why would he tell..." She mumbled

"I dunno M.. I dunno.." She hugs me tighter and I kiss her head.

"But i do know- We need some snacks for tomorrow!" I try to cheer her up

"Cmon I know you want a pack of Starbursts and Skittles- I saw the tropic favors in the shop last week~"

I drag out the last part into a song, hoping she'd smile, but... to no avail...

"Its cool, you go with out me, I'll lend you some money for the candy though" She goes for her pocket but i shake my head.