Chapter Six

A/N sorry this has been forever but I totally forgot about this fic! But guys, guess what?! I actually went to Bondi Beach and saw some of the lifeguards!! I saw Harries and another who has his back to me so not 100% sure who it was but hellloooooo! Haha anyways, on with the story! I'm writing this on a tablet so may be some errors, feel free to point them out to me so I can change them.

Also guys, I've never surfed a day in my life. The things I've written below are things I've googled and learnt from the show so if anything is wrong please let me know. I won't go into too much details and please no one use any of my tips below as a guide because as I say I have no experience. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the water was an idyllic crystal blue with gentle waves crashing softly against the shore. It was a picture perfect scene, the only thing that was missing was my ability to surf. My date today with Dunno should soon sort that out.

The feeling of excitement grew stronger with every step towards the beach. I wore a cute blue bikini underneath a matching cover up, I would normally wear something a lot cuter on a date but considering I was going into the water there wasn't much more I could do. My hair was in a messy ponytail with no make-up, the last thing anyone wanted when trying to impress a guy was panda eyes streaming down their face. 

Once I had finished walking down the hill I came upon the grass leading to the skatepark. I walked past just as a huge group of school children came running past with their backpacks swinging wildly. I dodged the bags and shook my head at them fondly, I remembered what it was like to have no worries except an English test and I missed those days. 

The glare from the sand made my eyes squint unhappily until they adjusted. I looked around for Dunno wondering where he was. 

What if he forgot? What if he didn't actually want to meet up with me? 

My internal monologue made me nervous and I shuffled down the boardwalk slowly, walking towards my only landmark which was the lifeguard tower. The closer I got the more I couldn't see him, I started to grow more nervous and jumped when I felt my phone vibrating against my side, through the small bag I'd put it in for safekeeping earlier. 

I rummaged through it quickly and let out a sigh of relief at the caller ID.

Dunno calling.

I swiped to answer and put the phone against my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi Rachel?" Dunno's voice flowed through the phone. 

"Hey Dunno, how's it going?" 

"Yeah all good, how're you?" 

"I'm good thanks, I've just arrived at the beach, I'm not 100% sure where you are?" I laughed, putting a hand on my forehead to shield my eyes from the sun, thinking I might be able to spot him now. 

"I'm just down by the water with a couple pals, I think I can see you. Hold on, I'll come up to you." After agreeing and putting the phone down, I tried not to think about how awkward that conversation had felt. It's just nerves on both parts I told myself. 

But what if this goes terribly? You could make an absolute fool out of yourself in front of your first friend here. 

I shook that thought out of my head. It's going to be ok, the worst that can happen is that we figure out we're better suited to being friends. I would be ok with that, I decided as I saw him jog up to me.