7:30 am | Peter Parker

✍ Summary: Peter is not a morning person. But, he's more than willing to wake up early because 7:30 am is when he sees you. | 2.2k

Who knew that coming back from a different universe can change the way you see the world?

At least that's what Peter had thought once he had been returned back to his universe.

Looking around, nothing really seemed to change. No matter what happened, life just moved on, just kept moving forward.

Before being transported back to his original universe, he and the oldest Peter had a little talk.

"Do you really have no time for Peter Parker stuff?" Peter 2 asked, leaning against the railing as he nursed the stab from the Green Goblin.

Peter 3 sighed, running a hand through his hair, "Honestly speaking, maybe I am just trying to avoid Peter Parker stuff as much as I can."

"Let me guess." Peter 2 said, "because of Gwen?"

Peter 3 nodded, "Kinda. I mean, I know that everyone meets the end at some point of their life. But I could've done something about it, I could've saved her. But, I couldn't."

"And because of that you feel like you're not worthy of being loved because you're scared that you'll put that person in danger all over again? Like it's a never ending cycle." Peter 2 added.

"Yeah." Peter 3 said, turning towards the older one, "How did you know?"

Peter 2 shrugged, wincing a bit from his wound, "Felt the exact same way towards Mary Jane. After what happened to Uncle Ben and being Spiderman, I knew that being with her would put her into danger."

Peter 3 furrowed his brow, "But aren't you and Mary Jane together?"

Peter 2 chuckled, "It's kind of complicated but we kind of are. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that no matter what happens as Spiderman, you shouldn't be afraid to put Peter Parker first, to make sure that Peter is also happy."

"But what if Peter Parker doesn't deserve to be happy."

"Everyone deserves to be happy. And what did I tell you before? Enough of that negative talk. You're amazing."

Peter took a deep breath and realized that Peter 2 was right. Losing Gwen was painful. But he knew that Gwen would've wanted him to move on and be happy.

So, that's what he'll do.

Glancing at the clock near one of the subway entrances, he saw that it was 7:30 in the morning. How long had he really been in the youngest Peter's universe?

He definitely needed some coffee.

Heading to the nearest coffee shop, which also seemed to be a street away from his apartment, Peter pushed open the door and was immediately welcomed by the scent of brewing coffee.

Peter patiently waited in line, hands tucked away in his pockets as he made a mental list of what he would do once he got home.

Once he had gotten to the front of the line, Peter could've sworn that he had forgotten how to breathe when he looked up.

Standing in front of him was you.

You whose smile was enough to brighten up a room. You who had the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen.

It was as if Gwen was giving him a sign.

"Are you okay?" Your soft voice jolted him out of his headspace, still giving him your sweet smile, which was quite the irony to the grumbling line behind him, mostly for him holding up the line.