2.4

ARIZONA

Henrick is working in his new garage in Arizona when the phone in the office starts ringing. Henrick jogs into the office before grabbing the phone as he sits at the desk, propping his feet on the desk top.

"Jack's Auto," Henrick says as he answers the phone, causing Mia to slightly smile on the other end of the line since Henrick had named the garage after their father.

"Henry," Mia says softly as she remembers why she is calling him.

"Ah, Amelia," Henrick says with a smirk, knowing that she hates him calling her that. "What do I owe the pleasure, little sister?" Henrick hears Mia sniffle instead of calling him out for calling her Amelia since it isn't her name. "Mia, what's wrong? What happened?"

"Henrick, it's Letty," Mia says as she wipes a few tears away. Henrick takes his feet off of the desk before leaning forward to really listen to Mia. "She's been murdered. The funeral is in three days. And I know you are wanted but I figured it would be easier for you to get here than it would be for Dom. I just don't want to go through this alone."

"Mia, say no more," Henrick says as he starts writing stuff down for the person, who will take over the garage. "I'll be there in two days."

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

THREE DAYS LATER

"We have gathered here to pay our final respects to, Leticia Ortiz. Let us reflect on her journey..." The priest says as Henrick pulls Mia into a hug.

Dom stands on the big hill above the cemetery as he watches the funeral. He looks around at all the cops before his eyes land on his sister and brother, who glances in his direction.

Henrick lets out a sigh as he sees Dom up on the hill before he turns back to the funeral so that the cops would not catch sight of Dom. A few minutes later when Henrick looks back up at the hill, he finds Dom gone.

That night, Mia and Henrick are silently boxing Letty's things up as cops stake the house out as if Dom would show. Henrick and Mia each take a box out to the garage before Henrick sets his box down as Mia sees their brother walk in the garage from the back.

"Dom," Mia gasps, causing Henrick to jerk his head in his direction. Mia walks over to Dom before pulling him into a hug. "They're staking the place out. If they find you..."

"They won't," Dom says before he pulls away from Mia. "Look at you." It had been five years since Dom had seen his sister and she had grown up. Dom looks around the garage before he catches sight of his Charger, walking over to it.

"Letty wouldn't let them junk it," Mia says as she watches Dom with a small smile.

"Even though it is a goddamn curse," Henrick says with a small smile as well before slightly glaring at the car.

"When Letty came back," Mia says as she looks at the car. "She was always in here, working on it day and night. It was weird. It was like she knew you were coming back." Dom leans down at the window, looking inside the car before spotting his necklace hanging on the rearview mirror.

"I want to see the crash site," Dom says as he looks at Mia, who sighs while Henrick nods in agreement.

Dom pulls up to where Mia, points out the crash site to be. Henrick, Dom, and Mia get out of the car before Mia leans against the hood of the car.

"It's straight ahead," Mia tells them as Dom and Henrick walk over to where the crash was.

Dom visualizes the crash before kneeling down to touch something yellow. The only thing that Henrick can think of that is yellow or leaves an yellow residue is nitrometh. They get back into the car before Dom starts driving them home. He stops about two blocks away from their house.