7 | blood manipulation

ONE SHOT VII.

( blood manipulation. )

"So," Yuki starts, looking at him side-ways. "What other things can you do with your technique?" As always, her voice carries over hints of a mirth he just doesn't seem to get.

Chōsō's getting used to being confused whenever Yuki starts with her double-toned meanings, but it's still a tad frustrating. He doesn't know how to answer, what she's looking for―he's just given her and Tengen a rundown about his abilities in order to formulate the most optimal plan against Kenjaku.

"I have not kept to myself any information regarding my Blood Manipulation, if that is what you are referring to." He doubts it, though.

She laughs, loud and obnoxious, and Chōsō becomes spellbound, heart speeding up. With her hair tied up in a ponytail, magenta eyes glinting with the reflection of the artificial light of the place, it seems impossible to avoid it.

He doesn't know what to think about the alien sensations that flow through his chest in these type of moments. They've been occurring rather frequently as of late. They're not overwhelming, even if he thinks they have the potential to grow into it, but strange, alarming were it not because it appeals to the humanity within him.

And they always, always surge around Yuki.

Certainly, Tengen doesn't seem to inspire the same kind of feelings. Neither has anyone else he's interacted with.

(And although it cannot be compared, the only intensity resembling it is his love for his brothers. Now, that overwhelms him, becomes him; he's based his entire being around it. Being their big brother is what makes him Chōsō, rather than someone else, than anyone else, and what's starting to grow for his blond companion seems dull in comparison. It's not, of course. Nothing involving Yuki could ever be dull.)

"You're such a riot," she snorts, trying to calm her laughter down. "I meant uses outside of combat."

Chōsō frowns. "Not that I have thought of," but he pauses, and thoughtful, retracts himself. "It is useful for calming anxiety."

The surprise she wears on her face makes him question if that was―partially, at least―an incorrect answer. Yuki's difficult to read. It's what makes her intriguing, and piques his interest. It's bothersome, most of the time, though.

"Personal experience?"

"You could call it that, I suppose." And, well, she's looking at him in askance, and never let it be said Chōsō doesn't take any and all opportunities to talk about his brothers. "During the time we spent outside, Eso and Kechizu started to feel anxious about their bodies. I regulated their blood flow in order to calm them down," he explains, remembering those instances of Eso desperately covering his back or Kechizu's teeth grinding into each other. He wonders if he'll do the same for Yūji one day, if any of his other siblings will become like he is and Chōsō will get the chance to dote on them as the eldest.