CHAPTER ELEVEN ; OASIS IN A DESERT

Start from the beginning

"How could I forget you?" You dramatically asked and hugged the disturbed cat. You went into your kitchen to prepare yourself some food, and also some for your starving cat.

You took some time to play with Wei and you drank some water after. Maybe you should give up on trying to raise a cat while you were in the middle of the apocalypse.

You took some of the empty containers you had left and put them on the rooftop, following Yi-Hyun's weather hunches.

——————————————

You went inside the gym along with everyone from unit #201. Yesterday night, it did in fact rain and Sae-bom was right about Yi-Hyun being a human weather center.

"What is this?" The cleaner guy asked while pointing down at a cooler someone had left. "It was here when I got here." Lee Bo-Ram, who was the teenager and supermarket cashier said.

"YOU'VE GONE THROUGH SO MUCH UNTIL THE END," The paper glued to the cooler said and you looked at it suspiciously.

The cleaner guy opened the cooler and it revealed multiple kinds of drinks inside. His wife clapped happily when she saw the contents. "I didn't know there was someone so nice here." He said while taking a water bottle and drinking it.

"This person must have a lot of water." The cleaner from this building said and she took a bottle for herself too. "It must be the young lady on the fourth floor. She is kind and generous." The old man assumed and complimented Hyun-Kyung.

"Did you live well on the third floor? After you almost got us all killed?" The cleaners wife said and Bo-ram looked down and glanced at you. You looked away in shame, feeling bad for her. You were a little confused why they didn't know you were a part of it though. But, you weren't just gonna tell everyone about that.

The only people who knew you were a part of it were Yi-Hyun and Andrew unless Yi-Hyun also told Sae-bom about it. "I'm sorry." Bo-ram apologized and she put the bottle back.

More people came and you didn't get yourself a bottle, not feeling very thirsty. "What is this?" Dr. Oh asked surprisingly and observed the contents of the cooler. "This is like an oasis in a desert, nice. Did you prepare this yourself, building representative?" He asked the woman who had just entered the room.

The representative looked around and smiled. "You all went through a lot." She said and you looked at her unconvinced. The cleaner guy laughed, and he turned to the representative. "Can I drink more than one?" He asked and she agreed to let him.

"Here." Dr. Oh said while handing Sae-bom, Yi-Hyun, and you a bottle each. "Take it. We're neighbors, after all." He said and you all took one bottle from him.

"But when will the doors be opened?" So-Yoon, who was the lawyer's wife asked. You were getting the hang of memorizing everyone's names now. "Let's go outside and check. Who wants to go with me?" Sae-bom asked everyone enthusiastically.

She looked around the room while waiting for someone to answer, but everyone turned away, not wanting to go outside. "Let's go," Yi-Hyun told her and they both left to go to the entrance.

You sat down on the chair and waited for them to go back, curious about the information from outside. You put down the bottle of water on a table, not wanting to drink it.

It had been a few minutes, and an alarm broke out. You all looked around curiously, and everyone went to the windows to take a look outside.