CHAPTER ELEVEN ; OASIS IN A DESERT

Start from the beginning

"If you go into someone else's house without permission, it's trespassing. If two people go in, it's special trespassing. It's not an offense unpublishable over objection, so anyone can report it, even if they're not owners." He informed.

"You know... I'm really sorry to say this, but.." The old man spoke up and you knew he was about to say something insensitive again. "If you two go up, then our house will be at the lowest once that lady's unit gets overtaken by the infected." He told you all and he looked at you. You looked at him with disbelief.

"Mister! How can you say that?" You asked him, offended about what he just said. "Why should we guard your house, sir?" The cleaner husband asked and pointed at him, also taking offense.

"Hey, don't look at me like that! My house has two old people. Can't you young people stay at the bottom and help us feel safe?" He shouted angrily and you looked at the old man annoyed. "Hey!" The cleaner guy was about to fight back, but his wife held him back.

"Mr. Oh, since you came all the way here, tell us if you have any opinions." Sae-bom said to the weirdly silent doctor. "I think you should just stay here. If you can stay here like a guard dog, the residents would feel safe, and it'll be good." The doctor suggested.

"What are you saying?" The cleaner guy asked angrily. A fight was about to break down so Yi-Hyun quickly went in between them and stopped the cleaner husband from reaching the doctor.

"Just calm down, and do the cleaning." Dr. Oh said while smiling and you turned to him. "What is wrong with you?" You asked him while trying to stay calm because he was literally throwing insults around the room.

"Now, it won't be longer than three days." The representative spoke up and everyone looked at her. "Let's endure it a bit longer. Everyone's already having a hard time, so we can't give privileges only to you." She said directly to the cleaners.

"More than that, where should we throw out the trash?" The lawyer asked and you turned to him. "I don't know, maybe the window?" You said to him and he looked at you. When you woke up from the little sleep you'd had earlier, the whole room was stinking because someone threw their trash from their window.

"Don't tell me you threw it out the window." The representative turned to the lawyer and he stayed silent for a moment. "Did someone really do that?" He asked with his arms crossed. "I hope not." The representative told him and she shook her head lightly, fully aware that he was lying.

"If you need more water, put water containers on the rooftop. I already told unit #401, but it'll rain tonight." Sae-bom said and the lawyer quickly walked to her. "How do you know that? Is the Internet working?" The lawyer asked her.
"He's the human weather center." Sae-bom told him and she patted Yi-Hyun's back.

"He could've gone to the Major League, but he had a knee injury.." Sae-bom tried to explain but the lawyer turned back to leave disappointedly. "That's too bad for a young man like you. Do some thigh workouts regularly!" The old man advised him.

You were gonna leave, but Sae-bom saw you. "(Y/n), stay for a moment." She said while you turned to her. "How are you feeling? Have you been okay?" She asked you for some reason and you walked up to them. "What do you mean? Did something happen?" You asked her and Sae-bom and Yi-Hyun shared a look.

"Nevermind. Stay safe." She told you and you nodded at her confusedly. You bid them both goodbye and left the room too.

You went back to your unit with your key card. You took it from Andrew when you were sure he was asleep since he didn't give it back to you. You suddenly remembered your cat and you gasped and ran to your room. "Oh gosh, I am such a bad owner!" You said and picked up the sleeping cat.