XII

Authors Note
Thank you to all those who have kept reading. Don't forget to vote and comment and tell all your friends about this story. I had a friend who wanted an update on the story, so you all get two parts today. Have a great day to all my readers.

Nicole's Point of View

I arrived at the cafe at saw Agent Jacobs sitting in the corner booth of the very same cafe I had taken Bucky too. All of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents knew that this was the best pace to get coffee and scones in the morning since they were baked fresh every morning. I sat down across from him.

I had worked with Agent Jacobs for the past few years and we were good enough friends. We had gone through the same basic training as well. Although I was superior to him, he was still a great asset.

"So what's this about?" I asked him.

"Same old Nicole, always trying to get back to business as soon as possible," he said with a chuckle.
I sat there with a bored expression on my face and his laughter died down quickly. He cleared his throat and said,"Well actually there really isn't anything to talk about."

I gave him a look. "So you're telling me you made me sneak out and lie to an assassin about where I was going all so you could tell me that there isn't actually anything to discuss?" The word assassin felt odd in my mouth. His name was Bucky and I was angry at all of this. I had lied to him about where I was going, only to come here and find there was nothing useful to me.

"Well not exactly. We thought that we had come across a secret transmission that Hydra was using to communicate. I sent you a message as soon as they told me because they said you were tracking the assassin and needed to be informed. Then this morning on my way here, they sent me another message saying that is wasn't Hydra. It seems that Stark had been trying a new way of secret transmissions get to communicate with S.H.I.E.L.D."

I was pissed off at this point. "Fucking Stark. I'm going to give it to him the next time I see him."

"I'm sorry Nicole. I knew that it would have been better to probably tell you before coming here, but there wasn't time. Also I wanted to see you," he said.

Shit, I thought. I should have known why Jacobs was really here. He had tried asking me out plenty of times before. "Jacobs, if you are still trying to get at me, don't. We are fighting a war and I don't have time for some childish feelings you may have for me."

Before he could say anything more I was already on my way out. I couldn't believe this crap. Dam Stark and his technology and dam Jacobs for having the nerve to think that I was interested in him at all. I had Bucky.

Woah, I thought to myself. I didn't have Bucky. He was my friend and even though I had feelings for him I wasn't going to tell him. I got in my car and drove to the store. I actually did have a few bills to pay. I was home about an hour later. I walked in and found Bucky sitting on the coach.

"Hey Bucky. I'm home," I said as I kicked off my shoes.

"Don't say anything," he said. I looked up and saw that something was wrong. He had a bottle on the table and it was empty. Had he been drinking?

"I tired getting drunk. It didn't work," he said looking intently at the ground as if there was something interesting in the floor.

"Why?" I asked stepping closer to him.

"Don't," he said. "I have one question and I want you to look me in the eye and give me an honest answer. Are you Hydra?"

"Bucky I'm-," before I could say anything else he jumped up and had his hand over my mouth. I freaked out. I didn't know what was going on.

"Shut up. Don't make a sound. I hear someone running up the stairs," he said in my ear. I strained my ears and could hear the heavy thud of boots coming upstairs. I heard the noise stop outside of the door.

I looked and saw Bucky's eyes grow wide. "Get down!" He yelled and pulled me behind the couch. As we fell a hale of gunfire ripped through my door. I felt Bucky's body on top of mine as he covered me making sure I wasn't getting hit I saw my bag and grabbed for it. I pulled out my gun and gave it to Bucky.

"Cover me," I said to him. The gun fire stopped for a moment and I dashed across the room the the small side table. I reached under and pulled out a gun as six Hydra agents busted through the door. I saw Bucky shoot one and I shot another four were smart and waited. I leaned behind the counter top and heard them come in. I peeked around and saw them in in standard formation

I signaled at Bucky and he knew what I was thinking. They started to pull the tables over and got closer to Bucky. I got up and shot in their direction, missing one by a hair. They immediately took cover and opened fire at Bucky and I.

"I know this might not be the best time but there's something you should know Bucky. I work for S.H.I.E.L.D not Hydra!" I yelled shooting another two shots off.

"Is this really the best time to talk about this!" He yelled back taking out another soldier.

"Well you wanted to know!" I yelled taking out the other one.

"We will talk about this later!" He yelled shooting and grazing the guy. I took his moment of pain and killed him.The soldiers were dead and I got up from my spot.

"So a S.H.I.E.L.D agent?" He asked

"Yeah, I couldn't tell you before," I said rubbing the back of my head still holding the gun.

"Dam," he said smirking and running his hand through his hair. "I fell I love with a S.H.I.E.L.D agent," he mumbled.