1

Ah, it's definitely different, clearer, brighter, even the air smells different. I stepped out of my house, enveloped with the scented tingling of warmth.

 I hope moving here was for the best.

It has to be. 

It's a scary feeling when you're about to leave for your new school. I just really need to pass this year quietly then I could pursue medicine abroad and start anew completely.

As I reached my new school, I was fascinated, to say the least. It was so much bigger than my old school and livelier, very much so. People were just standing around in groups and joking around with their friends, couples snogging, and a bunch of people were on their phones.I was hesitant to ask anyone about the teacher's office so I just roamed around the halls. 

My phone vibrated. 

It was dad. It was a message wishing me to have a good day at school.He's so annoying. As I was going to text him back I bumped into someone, really hard. 

"Watch where you're going" they stated in a rude tone.

"I-I'm so sorr-" As I lifted my head to look at him I was dazed. He's so insanely pretty was my exact first thought. 

Pulling myself together I bowed and stated I was sorry again. He just nonchalantly walked away mumbling something in an attempt to show his annoyance. 

I was irritated but picking a fight with someone on my first day is not a matter of question.

Shaking it off I carried along the path I was going through.

"FINALLY!"

My homeroom teacher showed me my classroom.

I scanned the room to find an empty seat. 

"Can I sit here?" I questioned a pretty blonde girl who was on her phone.

"Yeah of course!!" she stated in a cheerful tone.

"I'm Emma."

Startled at the sudden introduction I stuttered  "Oh uh yeah uh that's such a pretty name. I'm Sayuri"

"Ah thank you! You have a pretty name too! "

She was so cheerful. I was glad about having to spend the rest of the year sitting with someone like her and not anyone rude like my previous encounter.

The class was about to begin in 5 minutes.

I was just glancing around the classroom I saw Emma reading my favorite manga.

"I didn't mean to sneak but that's Tokyo revengers, right? the one you're reading."

"YES! Do you read it too??"

"YES It's my favorite one" 

"OMG SAME "

We kept talking about our favorite mangas and anime throughout the day.

I can't believe I made a friend on the first day.

Emma was so effulgent. She had a bright and cheerful demeanor, you knew at once she liked people. We got so close on the first day.

"I'm so glad I got to know you" I stated.

"ME TOO SAYURI all our interests are pretty much the same.  WE WERE MEANT TO BE !!" She replied laughing.

"Definitely."

- 2 MONTHS LATER-

"SAYURI SAYURI WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER TO MY PLACE THIS WEEKEND IT'LL BE SO MUCH FUN PLEASE PLEASE. YOU ALWYAS SAY YOU WOULD AND BACK OUT AT THE LAST MOMENT"