10: Don't touch her Pt.1

Start from the beginning

The girl rolled her eyes. "I have no idea, the next candle holder should be someone better than her, maybe her sisters or cousins or something."

"Stop!" Mirabel cried, reaching out for the fabric again, but she was pulled away by the boy.

"Aww, is little Mirabel gonna cry to her Abuelita now? How pathetic!" The boy mocked, shoving her harshly.

"Unfortunately, everyone's too busy for you now." The girl added, pushing her head.

"Seriously, can you just stop and get outta here?" Mirabel grunted, trying to reach the fabric again. She accidentally stepped on the boy's foot, making him stumble.

"Ow!" The boy yelled, throwing the fabric onto Mirabel's face, making her glasses fall to the ground.

"How dare you injure my brother!" The girl screamed, raising her fist. "This is what you deserve!"

Mirabel gasped in horror, shutting her eyes and shielding her face, waiting for the impact. Tears started to form in her eyes as their words clawed into her soul.

"Don't.touch.her." A masculine voice growled. Señora Linda held the girl's hand back, throwing daggers at her with her eyes.

In the blink of an eye, she shifted into Camilo.

"Camilo?!" Mirabel yelled in confusion.

"You gotta have tougher skin, mi primita preciosa." The teen joked, but his eyes were still drilling holes at the boy and the girl. He roughly let go of the girl's hand, making her back up.

"Oh, Cammy! We were just joking around with your cousin!" The girl lied, blushing madly.

"Don't ever call me that, you liar. I know what you two did." Camilo growled back, gritting his teeth.

He gently but firmly pulled Mirabel behind him, outstretching his arm in a protective way.

"Well, well, well, what've we got here?" Miranda asked, walking inside the store, with her golden eyes staring angrily at the siblings.

"Miranda?" The boy stuttered. His face glowed a bright pink. "Ahaha, oh, nothing, we were just having some fun with Mirabel!"

"Hm." She hummed, not believing a word he said. A small spark of fire flew from her mouth as she hummed.

"Miranda!" Mirabel cried in relief, flying into her other cousin's arms.

"What's going on here?" Bruno questioned, glaring at the two teenagers. Agustin and Felix followed him, with rage painted on their faces.

"S-s-señor Bruno, por favor, we weren't doing anything!" the girl stuttered, her face turning pale with fear.

Señor Lopez stormed into the shop.

"Juán Andreas Lopez and Juliet Amelia Lopez!" He screamed, harshly pulling both of their ears. "What did I tell you about treating the Madrigals with disrespect, especially Mirabel?"

"Papa!" Juán cowered back from the pain.

"We're sorry, okay?" Juliet shouted.

The father's face became angrier.
"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." He growled.

"We're sorry! We're sorry!" They yelled at Mirabel, who was surrounded by her older cousins.

Señor Lopez dragged his two children away, screaming at them for their manners.

When they were gone, Agustin cupped Mirabel's cheeks, muttering sweet nothings to her.

"Hey, kid, don't listen to them. They're just spitting out useless nonsense." Bruno sighed, patting her back.

"And don't forget what your tío Bruno said, you're the real gift, Mirabel." Felix added, giving his brother-in-law a gentle nudge.

Mirabel sniffled and hugged him tightly, as well as everyone else.

"Thank you, mi familia." She chuckled, wiping her tears away.

"We're sorry, mija, we were supposed to accompany you." Agustin apologized, gently kissing Mirabel's forehead.

"It's fine, papa. I'm fine." Mirabel laughed softly.

"Okay, enough drama for today. Where's the fabric that you wanted to buy?" Miranda asked, looking around. Picking up Mirabel's glasses, she gently put them on her face again.

The fabric was on the floor, crumpled because of the throwing.

Camilo picked it up and handed it to his cousin. A cheshire grin appeared on his face as he shifted into another Mirabel.

"This is nothing that my little baby prima can't fix, right? Unless you want your most awesome older primo to help you?" He laughed, ruffling her hair.

"Camilo, we're literally the same age!" Mirabel whined, slapping his hand away, but she failed to hide her smile.

"Whatever." Camilo rolled his eyes playfully, shifting back to himself.

"Alright you two, let's go home now. Vamanos!" Felix chuckled.

The Madrigal family went back home, grateful that Mirabel wasn't hurt further.