| Chapter Twenty Two + The unforeseen circumstance |

Start from the beginning

Strike three.

Okay so I had two choices. Run out of there and cry bloody murder or just wait another ten minutes for the movie to be over and next be rewarded a fancy free dinner? Must I remind you what I stated before? Write my name and stick the pen in my asshole? Yeah, remember? Of course I sucked it up.

Next, the movie ended, we walked back to his car, and went on our way to the restaurant I had to re-book to push back the time. Luckily, a couple had cancelled so it was possible. He parked, we got out, we sat, we ordered out food and waited.

I wasn't that surprised that when our food came, he didn't dash down toward his dish and try it eat it like it was the last meal he was ever going to have. I mean. . .he looked like he could please a woman. Very good I assumed. With those lips, eyes, and body, I wouldn't ever assume that he had trouble in the meeting-a-girl aspect. Maybe keeping one? I could see the problem.

"You gonna eat that?" He demanded while bringing his own fork to his mouth and eating a piece of his steak.

I looked down at my plate and spotted it full with salmon, garlic mashes potatoes and steamed broccoli. It hadn't even been five minutes of the plates arrival and he was asking me if I was going to eat my meal.

I cut another piece of the salmon, put it on the fork, and inserted it in my mouth. "Yes, I am going to eat it. It just got here."

Shawn shrugged then pointed down at his plate, which was almost half empty. What? I tend to eat slower on dates and I guess that I had been in my head for a long time.

I shook my head then reconnected my eyes with his. "Anyways, what got you interested in football? You said earlier that you played as a kid?"

Shawn nodded, dropping his fork lightly on his plate then replied back. "Yeah. I tried basketball, didn't like it. Tried soccer, wasn't a good fit. Hell, I even tried golf because I knew you could make big bucks, but fuck, it was so boring. Football kept my interest and I was damn good at it."

"Oh?" I titled my head to the side, slightly. "Do you or did you ever have a passion for football?"

"It pays the bills." He laughed then shrugged once more. "Also, I get to meet all different types of people." And to add onto the charm, he winked at me.

Funny. Not. I nodded. "Cool." Then preceded to take another bite from my salmon.

"So what you like to do in your free time, baby?" He questioned with that permeant smirk on his face.

And again he went with the godawful nicknames. The whole night it was baby, beautiful, sweetheart, babygirl, shawty. Why not just call me my name and leave it at that? For some reason, I think he forgot it because he hadn't called me by it the whole night. Strike Four.

I answered, "I like to hang with my friends." A small smiles started to form on my face as I remember a memory from the past were my friends and I had the best time. "You know, there was this one time-"

"You ever been to a Clarke football game?" He interrupted and I wished, wished, I could say that this was the first time it happened tonight. "You need to go to one. I want you to see me play."

Nope, no, never, would rather get kidnapped by a psycho, have him cut my kidney out and sell it on the dark web. "Uh-huh."

"Damn I remember the first time I made a touchdown during my freshman year. It was so perfect." He leaned back in his chair and angled his face up to the ceiling, reminiscing. "The crowd went wild, the girls went crazy, my team lifted me up so high and I felt like I could do anything in the world."