| Chapter Twenty One + Bachelor #2 please |

Start from the beginning

God, she was dumber than a chair. Everyone was going to be tired and then she was going to have to deal with us working half-ass. I rolled my eyes at the devil in disguise and started up on my journey on the tracks, with Ki right next to me. I kept my eyes in front of me because - well, you know - and focused on what I should always be focusing on: the road.

Kiana wasn't following my plan though. Her elbow nudge me in the side and when I looked up to tell her to stop abusing me, her head nodded to the side. To the side and toward a man who should not be looking at me. Toward Veer who should not be looking at my legs, in these short shorts. Veer's eyes should not be showing need or want. Especially with his wife just on the other side of the field.

He once asked if I had any shame? Did he have any?

I didn't even think he realized that I caught him looking at me. He was just so memorized. I wanted to laugh, I wanted to laugh so bad.

Maybe he sensed me because a second later, his eyes transferred off my ass and lifted up to my face. I smiled, he scowled and moved his eyes completely off of me. Now acting like he was looking at his players do some stupid drill.

How dare he? Did he have second thoughts about our last conversation? Did I have second thoughts about our last conversation? I admit, things were moving fast. I said some things that requited more further explanations. I didn't want our last conversation to go like. . .that. I mean we had some fun times. Fun experiences. Was I a hundred precent completely done with the man?

I wanted to be. I should be. Curse myself for wanting closure. I at least wanted to be a hundred and ten percent that we were both on the same page that things were supposed to be finalized.

I needed to talk to him. Yes, I know, it could turn out to be a bad idea, but I wanted us to be on the same page. I wanted him to realize that he had one more shot or he was going to lose me for good. I was going to ask him one more time because maybe, maybe, maybe his mind has changed. Maybe he finally took his head out Coach Taylor's ass and realized that mine smelt better? More cleaner and washed?

That was the reason I was going to use on why I landed in front of his office door after practice. I wanted answers. Things kind of escalated the last time we talked and I thought that maybe he was going to approach me this week so we could talk it out? He didn't. So, now it was time for me to knock on his door and slip him a little divorce your wife note.

I knocked. Veer's voice was heard. Come in, he spoke. I twisted the door knob and came right on inside. Ignored his surprised expression, kept my face whipped of any emotion, sat in one of his chairs, and said,

"So, what is this?"

His head titled to the side. I ignored how good he looked in his muscle-showing t-shirt. I ignored the way his neck veins popped. I ignored his scent and how it always seemed to trap me every time I was in close-corners with this man. "What's what?" He questioned.

I was just going to outright say it. Going to address the big dick elephant in the room head on. "Are you going to divorce your wife?"

He leaned all the way back in his chair, his face now blank from emotions. It felt like a whole hour had passed by before he answered back. "What did we discuss last time? Haven't you already got your mind made up?"

"Look, we were interrupted." I leaned back in my chair, mimicking his stance. "I would be willing to. . .adjust my answer if I was provided with some information that I wanted to hear."

His next words made me want to flip a table. "It's not that easy."

What wasn't easy? Print out some divorce papers and get both cheaters to sign the sheet? What was so hard about that? I bet if he served it to her on a bright Friday morning, the sun shining, direct deposit just hit, a free Starbucks drink in her hand, her mood wouldn't dim in the slightest. Hell, he could give it to her on her worst day and I still bet that her mouth wouldn't go down an inch.