Chapter 16: Slapped By Reality

Start from the beginning

Cat and Robbie both open their letters. Cat takes a deep breath.

"Understudy for the role of Dorothy", Cat says. 

Robbie puts his arm around her. Suddenly there's a scream. Over in the corner Chelsea is jumping up and down.

"I got the lead", Chelsea screams.

Everyone claps for her. After the clapping dies down Montgomery comes up to the front of the room to make his closing speech.

"Everyone, Gather Around", Montgomery says, "Okay, so for starters, I want to say that each and everyone one of you are special and you all did amazing today. With that being said, congrats to everyone who is apart of my boradway play from here on out".

Everyone claps. Cat takes a deep breath.

"Ok, so can I please get all of my characters who are playing a part in my play to hang back for a few. Understudies, crew members, and anyone not being Dorothy, Tinman, Scarecrow, and Lion can leave", Montgomery says.

"Well that's us Rob", Cat starts, "Let's go, I don't feel like getting this news rubbed in my face by Chelsea".

"Actually, I have to hang back", Robbie says.

"Excuse me?", Cat asks. 

"Yeah, I got the lead for Tinman", Robbie says.

Cat doesn't say anything, she just stares at Robbie in disbelief.

"I don't get a congrats or anything", Robbie asks.

"I'm sorry", Cat says, "Congrats babe, you deserve this, and I'm so proud of you". 

Robbie leans over and gives Cat a kiss before heading out. Cat watches them talk for a few seconds before dropping a tear and walking outside to the car.

Over at Beck and Jade's house, Jade is about to have a meeting with the investors for the Film Studio. Jade's Maid Gloria sets up the living room in a formal matter. With Champagne and Crackers sitting on the table. Jade walks from the back with an all black dress on. 

"How do I look Gloria?", Jade asks.

Gloria smiles and nods.

"You look very nice", Gloria says.

"How does my hair look?", Jade asks.

"Good!", Gloria says.

"Not too curly?", Jade asks.

Gloria shakes her head no. Suddenly someone begins unlocking the door to come in. The door opens and Beck walks in smiling carrying food. Jade smiles nervously.

"Why are you so dressed up?", Beck asks.

"I didn't expect you home so soon, what did you bring home?", Jade asks.

"Uh, Italian and I asked you a question", Beck says.

"What type of Italian did you bring, I hope it's Fettuccine", Jade says.

Beck takes a deep breath.

"Gloria, can you take our dinner in the kitchen, I need to speak to my wife in private for a minute", Beck says.

Gloria nods and takes the Take-Out food from Beck and walks into the kitchen.

"You know the kids aren't here tonight, you didn't have to bring so much food", Jade says.

"Cut the crap, and tell me what's going on", Beck says.

Jade takes a deep breath.

"I have an investor coming over tonight to discuss business deals with our film studio", Jade says.

"I thought we we're handling everything associated with the film studio, together?", Beck asks.

"We are but I just felt like doing this one alone", Jade says.

"Why?", Beck asks.

"I just did!", Jade says.

"What exactly are you hiding?", Beck asks.

"I'm not hiding anything", Jade says.

"Oh then you have no problem with me sitting in on this little investment meeting", Beck says.

"No I wouldn't, but I don't think it's necessary", Jade says.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. 

"That's him, can I please just do this alone", Jade asks.

"Him?", Beck asks.

Beck squints his eyes and walks to open the door, when it opens Andre stands there.

"Andre?", Beck asks, "You're investing in Jade's company". 

"Woah, are you a mind reader?", Andre asks.

"Andre isn't the investor I'm meeting with", Jade asks.

"But I want to be", Andre says walking in.

"What?", Jade asks.

"I want to partner with your film studio and also make it a recording studio, for the label I'm starting", Andre says.

"You're starting a Record Label?", Beck asks.

"Yes", Andre says.

"Why?", Jade asks.

"I'm doing it for Tori", Andre says softly.

"Why do you need to do this for Tori, I thought she was about to get signed by Columbia Records", Beck asks.

Andre stares at Beck and Jade sorrowful.

"Tori didn't get the record deal, did she?", Jade asks.

"No, she didn't", Andre says.

"Oh my god, is she okay?", Jade asks.

"No, she's really disappointed, before I left the house, she was sitting in the bath tub, eating an entire can of strawberry icing", Andre says.

"Did they say why they didn't sign her", Beck asks.

"They we're looking for reggae singers and not Pop Singers", Andre says.

"Then make Tori, a reggae singer", Jade says.

"Like I told Tori, there's so much wrong with that idea", Andre says.

"So you want to partner with us and make a Film Studio/Record Label", Beck says.

"Yes!", Andre says.

Beck takes a pause.

"I love it!", Beck yells. 

"What no, we haven't even looked at our other investor", Jade says.

"Unless your Investor can give us double profit for half the cost, we're going with Andre", Beck says.

Suddenly the doorbell rings. Gloria rushes out of the kitchen to get the door. When she opens it, a 6 foot 5 man with blonde hair stands at the door. 

"Uh, I'm here for the Investors Meeting with Jade West-Oliver", the man says, "My name is..."

"Moose?", Beck says.

"I'm just gonna go", Andre says softly.

To Be Continued...