From the Hole in the Ice

Start from the beginning

Ayva reached for the blade quickly but to her surprise she received a sudden shock, she could not lift the blade and was knocked back.

She tried a second timebut to no avail.

"Careful miss Ayva, only I can use it, something about my blood I guess" Taury explained in a simple manner.

Ayva looked back at Taury with a surprised look but then a look of brief respect before sheturned her gaze towards the north, an icy cliff at the edge of thelake.

"That sword Taury" Ayva asked.

"Uh yeah its a relic, I also have another relic at home. . . . you want to see it?" Taury replied."It's up there?" She pointed towards the cliff and Taury nodded.

She quickly turned and began to walk towards the cliff.

"Oh hold on Miss Ayva, I can show you where to climb to get up there!" Taury stated as he followed her.

"Alright, but bring that sword." Ayva replied.

After a short climb up some icy steps the two reached a ladder that Taury used daily to reach the lake. Ayva quickly ascended and reached what appeared to be the ruins of a military outpost at the top.

"I can feel it's here! It's gotta be!" Ayva exclaimed running to the building. She slid on the ice in her excitement and fell on her bottom.

"Careful miss Ayva it's slippery, here let me help you up"

Taury stated as he swooped down to pick her up. The wind picked up and this brought more snow covering the air all around them.

"You should stay until this weather clears up, I can cook us up some of the giant shrimp I caught yesterday, It's an old family recipe, Ganymede special!"

"Oh and my favorite TV show is on soon!"

"Taury" Ayva asked.

"Yes miss Ayva I'll show you my other Relic too..."

"Good. . . Now put me down will ya big lunk!" Ayva screamed.

Taury put her down gently. The two stood near an old bunker door that was built to withstand the cold of the icy moon and keep the inside warm. Taury opened the door and quickly ran to the fireplace to get a fire started. He placed a big pot over the fire and ran into another room to fetch something.

"Just gonna take a minute here and set this shrimp to boil in the stew, make yourself comfortable, theres a couch next to the wall or pull up a chair to the fire" Taury shouted from the other room.

Ayva became annoyed and impatient.

"I don't have time for any of this Taury! Where is the Relic?!"

Ayva shouted from the front entrance as she had not moved an inch into Taury's home.

Taury popped only his head out from the door of the other room which was his kitchen, one hand was still preparing the ingredients for the stew and the other hand held two enormous blue colored shrimp.

"It's in the chest next to the TV, take a peak." Taury replied as he walked with handfuls of stew ingredients and the two large shrimps placing them in the pot over the fire.

Ayva walked towards the chest, could this be it, what she had searched for? She became excited as she stood over the chest and opened it.

Ayva could not contain her joyful laughter at the sight of the relic contained within the chest. The lighting on the side of the room was not the best but she could clearly make out the details of what she saw before her.