Not so Welcome Familiar Faces

No One's POV

It was 9pm by the time the plane landed in Japan. And by the time the female got her luggage and out to her brother's car, it was after 11pm. Feeling exhausted, but wide awake at the same time, the girl decided to agree to tagging along her brother to a popular hangout spot. They were having a great time, laughing and joking around as if they had never been apart from each other. That is, until the female recognized the spot her brother was driving to.

Y/n's POV

I felt betrayed, my brother knows I won't go back to S, even to observe. Not thinking, I did the first thing that came to mind, I jumped out of the moving car. Thankfully he wasn't going very fast, but still, not my brightest moment. I landed on the ground and rolled to soften said landing, as I did so, I heard the familiar sounds of a skateboard being stopped. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a hand extended to me. "Are you OK miss? I saw you bail out of the car, do you need help, or me to call the authorities?" I looked up and got a quick look at the person who had asked the question, and once I saw the person, I scrambled to my feet and dashed off.

Time Skip

I kept running, not stopping, not slowing down, just running. I had to get away, away from S, away from that scene, away from the people, away from that life. Away from...... away from everything. I didn't notice it at the time, but I had tears streaming down my face. My cell phone started ringing again, most likely my brother or his partner, but I continued to ignore it, just like I had been doing for the past hour.

After a few more minutes of running, I began to feel the adrenaline drain out of my system. I decided to sit at the first bench I saw, which ironically, was at a skate park. Sitting down and sighing, I pulled out my phone to listen to the multiple voice mails I'm sure I had by now... I proceeded to listen to all the messages and read all the texts, mostly from my brother's partner, apologizing for my brother's stupidity. I fired off a quick text letting them know I was safe and just needed time to myself, that I'd be home sometime later, once I calmed down. Without waiting for a response, I turned off my phone, stood up, and started wandering the streets.

While wandering, I passed by a familiar skate shop, a flower shop, and an Italian restaurant. As I was passing by the restaurant, the door suddenly opened and hit me in the face, making me fall to the floor, nose bleeding. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Here, let me help you up!" A masculine voice said, worry apparent in his tone. "You dumb gorilla!! You need to watch what you're doing! What if she had gotten knocked out or worse? You are so brainless I swear!" A second voice rang out, obviously pissed at the person who opened the door in my face. I felt someone kneel next to me and offer me a hand up. I gently grabbed it and was pulled to my feet. I looked at the person who helped me, and felt my heart stop momentarily. Standing in front of me, was none other than my old friends Kojiro and Kaoru, I was speechless, I hadn't seen them in years. Both males looked at me, trying to tell if I was injured at all, but it didn't look like they recognized me, which was a good thing, as I wanted nothing to do with people from my past. I quietly thanked them for helping me up, told them I was fine, and quickly bid them goodnight as I walked away, head down in hopes they won't recognize me at all. I picked up my pace as I heard Kaoru call after me, wanting to be left alone. At this point I was starting to regret coming back, I had too much history with people here.

I walked for another hour before I ended up back at my brother's house, the lights were off, so I quietly snuck into my room through the window, and went to bed. Hopefully tomorrow would be a better day.