The Birthday Girl

My eyes blinked slowly. I found myself laying on my side, knees curled up, facing the wall, Kendall's strawberry pink wall. A frame hung up above me displayed a picture of Kendall and Cameron Dallas. I shifted in the bed. It must've been morning, the sun lit up the right side of my face. The room was silent but I could make out noise coming from downstairs. I closed my eyes again and turned over on to my other side. Kalani was up already because her side of the bed was empty. I rolled over freely. I could stay in this bed forever. I was comfortable, warm, and I had nothing to worry about.

AND then the door opened loudly.

"MADS GET UPPPP"

I shoved the covers over my head and kicked my legs up. Hands attacked my sides tickling me. I laughed uncontrollably. No matter how down I was feeling, if anyone tickled me, I'd laugh. It was a reflex I couldn't control.

"Ken-da-ll, st..o...pp itt!" I screamed between giggles and gasps for breath.

She didn't listen to my desperate cries, jumping on to the wobbling bed. When she pinned me down and sat right on top of me there was nothing I could do to escape. For my sake she stopped with the tickling before I fainted.

"What was up with you last night?" she said still sitting on me with her legs resting at my sides.

"I don't know, didn't really feel good" I replied wiping my cheek with the nearby blanket.

"That explains why you ran to the bathroom!" Kendall laughed crushing my body with every pulse of laughter.

"Oww, uhhg" strange noises escaped my mouth as I pushed her off to the side of the bed. She thumped to the side but somehow landed perfectly with her head resting on her hand.

"Well you better be feeling better now. Got my party tonight!" Kendall reminded me.

"How could I forget?" I answered reassuringly.

"Good, good I was starting to think you weren't really me best friend" she told me this but her voice revealed that she was just kidding.

I smiled obnoxiously and shut my eyes, "Now let me go back to sleep. I was having fun."

"I don't think so. It's 2 o'clock which means....5 hours til my birthday party. So you are gettin' up!"

"2 o'clock!" I shouted in disbelief.

"Yeah buttface let's go" Kendall grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the bed and into the hall not paying any attention to the millions of things she knocked out on her way.

The rest of the day was centered around one part of it, 7 to 10. For those three hours we would celebrate Kendall's birthday, arguably the biggest event of the year. Jill was a firm believer in bigger means better. Every year she had to one up last years party. To say the least, we never knew what to expect. Kendall, with the overwhelming persuasion of her mother, had decided that this years theme would be candy.

My eyes darted to the clock. 6:50. In the mirror in front of me I saw my hair, loosely curled. Then my outfit, high waisted light wash jean shorts and a tight pink crop top. It was my makeup that completed the overall look though, winged eyeliner (intense kendall style), 3 different shades of pink eyeshadow, soft pink blush, and cotton candy lipgloss that was not too showy. I had wanted to do a more simple look but Jill had caught me in the hall and demanded I "candy-fy" myself up.

I lightly pushed the door open taking one last glance at myself. In the hallway I met Kendall and Nia.

"This isn't fair. You're not supposed to look better than me, I'm the birthday girl" Kendall exclaimed making fake crying noises.