Chapter 1

The blood of the fallen soldiers, stained the green grass outside the walls that protected humanity from the titans.
The sun started to set on the horizon in the distance. "Let's go back. It's getting dark." Said, commander Erwin smith.
It didn't matter anyways. Most of the soldiers in the several brigades, died that day. The sweat and determination, lost them another battle. They thought they had seen everything. They knew what the titans did to people.

They didn't rush to get back to the safety of wall Maria. It was dark, and that meant the titans weren't active.
There were muffled sobs coming from the back of the formation. The newer cadets, who had seen their fellow comrades die before their very eyes, couldn't take the grief. The only thing they could do, was pray that they weren't next.

Most of them stayed silent. They knew, no one would show you sympathy if you cried, they only pitied you.
"Oi. Erwin, how long till we arrive at the walls?" Captain Levi Ackermann, of the survey corps, asked.
"Not long. We're just a little whiles away." The tall, blonde commander replied.

They all held dimly lit lanterns, to guide the way back, through the darkness of the night. The troop of remaining soldiers, stayed completely silent, all the way back to the walls.