A fake not so fake love

Start from the beginning

"It's not that I don't like them, but if it came down to either them or us eating something which could possibly be poisonous, I'd rather it be them," He says in Sokovian smiling at me, and I just chuckle shaking my head, "I didn't know you spoke Sokovian," He says.

"Well, there are many things you still don't know about me" I point out winking at him.

Sam and Bucky just look at each other confused, not able to understand the conversation.

"I must say, you don't know what it's like to be locked in a cell, oh, that's right, you do," Zemo tells them.

"Why don't you tell us about where we are going?" Sam asks annoyed, clearly not enjoying any of this.

"I'm sorry" Zemo begins saying, "I was just fascinated by this. I don't know what to call it, but this part seems to be important, who is Nakajima?"

Bucky quickly stands up glaring at Zemo as he moves his hand around his neck violently, I lean in closer to both of them as I move my hand to Bucky's arm trying to make sure he doesn't do anything.

"If you touch that again I'll kill you," Bucky says taking the small notepad from Zemo and moving back to his seat.

"I'm sorry, I understand that list of names, people you've wronged as the winter soldier," Zemo says,

"Don't push it," Bucky says glaring at Zemo.

Zemo looks back at me and I shake my head telling me to just stay quiet for now.

"I've seen that book, it was Steve's after he came out of the ice," Sam tells us, "I told him about Trouble Man. He wrote it in that book. Did you hear it? What did you think?" He asked Bucky excited, clearly wanting to hear his opinion.

"I like 40's music, so..."

"You didn't like it?" Sam asks Bucky shocked, clearly disappointed by his opinion, and I don't blame him after all Trouble Man is an amazing song.

"I liked it," Bucky said clearly lying.

"It is a masterpiece James. Complete. Comprehensive. It captures the African-American experience" Sam looks at Zemo confused but nods.

"He's out of line, but he's right, it's great," Sam tells Bucky trying to convince him to change his mind.

"Everyone loves Marvin Gaye," I tell Bucky agreeing with Sam and Zemo

"I like Marvin Gaye"

"Steve adored Marvin Gaye," Sam says.

"You must have really looked up to Steve," Zemo says changing the topic, "But I realised something when I met him, the danger with people like him, America's Super Soldiers, is that we put them on pedestals"

"Watch your step, Zemo," Sam says turning to look at Zemo warning him to not say anything out of line.

"They become symbols, icons, and then we start to forget about their flaws. From there cities fly, innocent people die, movements are formed, wars are fought, you remember that right?"

"Zemo I think that's enough," I tell him knowing full well that this will take a turn for the worst.

"As a young soldier sent to Germany to stop a mad icon. Do we need to live in a world full of people like the Red Skull?" He asks shaking his head and then turns to look at me, "That's why we're going to Madripoor" I shake my head knowing Zemo was trying to show me how he's 'All peace no war'

"What's up with Madripoor? You guys talk about it like Skull Island" Sam asks the three of us.

"It's an island nation in the Indonesian archipelago" Bucky begins explaining