Chapter 7 - Part 2

Not edited, but I thought that after such a long wait, I might as well upload. :D

----------------------------

Chapter 7

Part 2

Mitchie’s POV

I put my finger to my lips as we neared the front door to my best friend’s house, gesturing for Derek to remain silent. He raised a brow, and I just shook my head. I was adamant that I at least knock before she pounces, and I was hoping the distance would allow the connection she normally felt when I was near, weaken.

But I guess that was too much to ask, because just as I raised my hand to knock, the door flew open, and Zoey pounced on me, her legs wrapping my torso as her arms went around my neck.

But now that she was a wolf, I wasn’t able to remain steady as I normally did when she did this. And if Derek hadn’t been behind me and helped steady our weight, we both would have toppled to the floor.

“Mitchie!” She screamed in greeting, my left ear ringing at the power of her excited screech. “I missed you so much!”

I chuckled and walked in after adjusting her position. “I missed you too, you crazy banana. How the hell do you do that?”

She stuck her tongue out at me. “I always know when my best friend in the whole world is coming.”  She noticed Derek, and grinned, “Hey Mitchie’s lover boy.”

I rolled my eyes as Derek, who had been grinning before at out weird display, chuckled, “Hey Zoey.”

I walked to the door beside the stairs, and gestured to Derek to open it. Zoey leapt off me once we were inside the Garage, and I sighed with happiness as I absorbed the room.

Now here was a place that had always been a sanctuary. Zoey’s large and sound proof room held many good memories of band practise. And right now, it was an even bigger sanctuary as it held no reminder of my father’s presence as he had never once set foot in this room.

I looked toward Derek, who has absorbing the dark red walls with the multi-coloured fairy lights and various band posters, shirts and antique guitars that were hung up on the walls, the dark reddish wood and the large black rug near the fireplace and black corner sofa, and the mini stage where the microphones and drums were always set up, the various other instruments we had (violins, cello’s, keyboards etc.) stood near the stage.

I grinned at him, before I looked toward the rest of the band, Stacey, Leon and Matt.

Then I did a double take. “Whoa, Stacey nice hair!”

She squealed and so quick I almost didn’t see her, she leapt off the coach and squeezed me in a bear hug, her brown hair flying behind her, her red streaks prominent under the fairy lights.

I hugged her back, though I had to admit it was rather weird as we weren’t always so close. But I guess that this was understandable, because saving someone’s life always did bring people closer.

 She let go of me, her grin widening as she took me in. “I missed you!”

I laughed. “Missed you too.”

Leon and Matt nudged her out the way before tackling me to the floor in an even bigger bear hug.

I laughed breathlessly under their weight, though I was so used to this that it wasn’t uncomfortable.

But, it was weird because I felt Derek’s unease. “Hey guys do you think you can let my mate up?”

Matt and Leon looked at each other, shrugged, kissed my cheeks and then let me up so I was standing between them. They simultaneously greeted him. “What’s up dude?”