Sharon looked at her for a few seconds before saying, "Here come in. Quickly." She grabbed Rachel by her wrist and pulled her inside. Sharon poked her head out, looking around to see if anyone saw them before closing the door.

Joey watched as Rachel came in. His gaze never left her as she entered their house. "What are you doing here, Rachel?" Sharon said. "Sharon, I-" Rachel began, until she heard someone else coming. And walking around the corner into the entrance room, there she was.

Samantha Johnson.

Rachel and Sam made eye contact. For the first time in years. The room went silent except for the soft music and the TV that was playing lowly in the background.

"Rachel..." Sam muttered.

"Sam." Came Rachel's reply.

Oh my god... she's... she's so beautiful.

Everything happened in slow motion as Sam approached her. Rachel never broke eye contact with her as she slowly approached her.

"Is this... real?" Sam said.

"Yes." Rachel replied.

Sam reached her hand out, placing it on Rachel's shoulder. As if to confirm that Rachel was indeed real, and not a ghost or an apparition. Tears began to fill Sam's brown eyes. "You're really here." She said, her voice shaky. Rachel nodded her head slowly. Sam raised both of her hands, cupping Rachel's face in her palms. "You're real." She said, tears falling from her eyes. Rachel gently grabbed Sam's wrists, nodding her head as tears of her own slipped out of her eyes. She smiled softly and said, "I'm here, Sam."

Sam burst into tears, pulling Rachel into her arms. Rachel started crying as well, embracing Sam tightly.

Sharon covered her mouth, eyes watering as she watched both Rachel and Sam cling to each other as tightly as they could. "Go to your room, Joey." She tearfully said. Joey nodded before retreating upstairs to his room.

"What are you doing here?" Sam said, her face buried in Rachel's shoulder. "I came to see you." Rachel said, nuzzling her face into Sam's sweet scented brown hair. "You're all over the news." Sam said, finally pulling away, but never letting go. "What's going on, Rachel?" Sam asked. Rachel wiped away her tears with her sleeve and said, "I'll tell you soon. Right now... I wanna hug my best friend." Sam laughed tearfully as she and Rachel shared another hug.

"Rachel- Here come in. Have a sit down." Sharon said. Sam and Sharon led Rachel into the living room. And which, unsurprisingly, was massive.

"God, you poor thing. You look exhausted." Sharon said as Rachel sat on the white leather couch. Sam immediately sat next to her. "You have no idea." Rachel replied. "Let me get you something to eat." Sharon said. "Yes, please." Rachel muttered weakly.

When Sharon left, Sam took Rachel in her arms again. "I missed you... So. Fucking much." She said. Rachel let out a weak, tired laugh. She leaned her head against Sam's. "I missed you too." She said. "How long has it been? Five years?" Sam said. "Somewhere around there." Rachel replied. At this moment, nothing else mattered. Right now she just wanted to enjoy Sam's embrace.

Sam's all grown up. She's not the quiet, shy, lonely girl I once knew. She's a teenager now. She must be what? 16? Time sure flies by.

"You're not so short anymore." Rachel said with a laugh. Sam pushed away from her. "Hey, you were always just barely taller then me." She said and they laughed together. It felt so good to laugh with Sam again. Rachel felt tingles all throughout her body. This was just perfect.

"I see you're also rockin' this... thing." Sam said, snatching Rachel's hat off her head. "Still don't like hats?" Rachel asked. "Never." Sam replied. Rachel giggled, taking her hat from the teenager. "What is it with you and hats?" She asked. "They're uncomfortable as fuck." Sam replied. "They just... sit there. On your head." Rachel nodded. "Yep. That's what a hat does, Sam." She rolled her eyes. "Oh my god, you're still a smartass." Sam said.

Leaving Arcadia Bay | A Rachel Amber Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें