CHAPTER NINE ; THREE IDIOTS

Start from the beginning

Everyone leaned in to watch the video tape of Mr. Kim who was infected. "My Lord!" The representatives husband said with shock. "Has anyone been infected with COVID-19 before?" Sae-bom asked and everyone turned to her. "Why are you suddenly bringing up COVID-19?" Lawyer Kook asked.

"None of you?" Sae-bom asked and ignored the lawyer's question. "I was infected once, but why.." The old man spoke up and slightly raised his hand while his wife was trying to stop him.
"Let me ask you one thing." Sae-bom stood up and faced the old man.

"Sir. Did you get infected with COVID-19 because you did something wrong?" Sae-bom asked and you realized where this was going. She was smart of using the last disease as a comparison.
"What does that even mean?" The old man raised his voice. "I didn't do anything wrong!" He said while pointing at himself.

"If only those old geezers didn't ask me to eat with them.." He explained to defend himself. "Right." Sae-bom said. "Diseases are not something you catch depending on who you are." She explained while scratching her chin.

"Remember what it was like during the COVID-19 pandemic? When someone got infected, some people doxxed them and pointed their fingers at them, but most of the time, we were worried about those who got infected, and wished for them to get well soon." She said and some people nodded. "That's not something you should be kicked out for without getting treated."

"This is not the same as COVID-19." The lawyer in front said. "It's different. It makes the infected attack and bite people." Sae-bom said while slightly nodding. "I understand you're all scared and anxious. I am, too. But what if this happens to you, or your family." She asked and some people started to look guilty.

"When you kick out Mr. Kim, then who will you kick out next time?" Sae-bom asked while everyone was silent. "Mr. Oh from the sixth floor?"

"I wish." You muttered to yourself and held back a small laugh. The two beside you heard you though, because they were both looking at you so you apologized to them quietly.

"Or the lawyer who was in contact with Mr. Oh?" Sae-bom asked and pointed to Lawyer Kook. "Shall we just play Musical Chairs until only one person remains?" She asked and the fed up lawyer spoke up to stop her from talking any further. "That's enough. Let's vote."

"Who agrees with kicking him out?" He asked and raised his hand. Everyone looked at each other while waiting for someone to do something. "It doesn't mean we have to kick him outside. It means we should not let him blend in with normal people." He explained so the others can freely vote. "If we lock him up on a rooftop and totally separate him, then we'll all be safe. Don't you think?"

"Just be honest and raise your hands. You can be honest about your opinions. Hurry up and raise your hands." He said to assure everyone it was fine. "Raise your hands." He ordered and some people did. "Yes, raise your hands. Come on." He said in agreement when he saw the residents raising theirs.

"Ma'am! How can you do this to me? You brought me here!" The trainer inside asked feeling betrayed. "Looks like he feels betrayed because I've been nice to him." The representative who was raising her hand explained. Lawyer Kook began to count the people who raised their hands. "That's a total of eight." He informed.

"So-yoon, what are you doing? Raise your hand." He ordered his wife and looked at her disappointed. His wife looked down on her lap and stayed quiet, not wanting to follow his orders. "Hey!" He shouted at So-yoon and another person raised their hand.

"Nine." The lawyer counted. So-yoon raised her hands feeling scared that her husband was going to be mad at her later. "You shouldn't be forcing people to change their votes!" You shouted at the lawyer and he looked at you. "It's fine. I'm sorry.." The wife said sadly.