𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

○°○°○

○°○°○

date
October 2nd, 1977
time
19 : 34 PM

     "Where the bloody hell are you dragging me too, Potter?" Amaryllis grumbled, trailing behind James with their hands intertwined between them, "I've a test tomorrow to study for, and it's getting late."

"Quit your whinging, Lestrange."

They walked along in silence in the forest for a while longer before they reached a grassy clearing which broke the darkness of the Forest.

The setting sun pooled into the clearing, making the small white flowers buried within the tall grass look like small bursts of light.

"Woah," Amaryllis breathed out, extending her arms out ever so slightly and spinning slowly as to take in all her surroundings.

Her eye's caught onto an especially beautiful spot in the clearing where a small flower vine had begun to grow around a tree, the pure snow white of the flowers shining off the dark oak.

"It's beautiful, James," Amaryllis whispered, her smile etching it's way upon her features.

"Indeed," James had his lips parted as he awed at the beauty Amaryllis was.

When the girl turned to face the boy, wondering why he sounded so far away, she caught sight of the James Potter down on his knee, "No."

James scoffed, "You don't even know what I'm going to ask you."

"You're on a knee, in the middle of a gorgeous clearing which you lured me out too, so yes, I think I know what you're about to ask."

Despite her tense posture, Amaryllis felt her heart bursting, flower vines wrapping their way around her heart just as they had done to the dark oak behind her.

"Amaryllis, marry me."

"You don't even have a ring, James."

His arm lifted from his side into the air before him, revealing a small band made of the little white flowers that had been tied together.

"James."

"Amaryllis."

"You aren't joking... Are you?"

"Not in the slightest," James grinned, but upon seeing Amaryllis' brows furrow ever so slightly, "However, I don't expect you to say yes. You see, my love, this is only the first proposal of many to come."

Amaryllis scoffed, "Oh yeah?"

"Yes. Because - mark my words - Amaryllis, you will say yes one of these days and I'll have a real ring waiting for you. So if that means asking you every chance I get to marry me, I'll be damned if I don't."