TWENTY

EPILOGUE

VINNY

I fell in love with Spencer on my sixteenth birthday but I haven't realized it yet that time. She told me to meet her at our usual spot after my family dinner. We did our usual thing. Talk about things, laugh at each other's joke and share our dreams.

The more I looked into her eyes, the more I wanted to drown in them.

Sometimes I have always wondered what had happened if I told her about it earlier. Would we still be friends? What would she tell me? Would she reject me or the other way around? I wondered about it for the past years we have been together as friends. I wondered about it before I go to sleep or whenever I am lost in my own thoughts of Spencer.

I wondered about it whenever she introduces me to her boyfriends or when I look into my girlfriend's eyes and wished it was Spencer's. I should have known. I thought. I should have told her. Some things like that.

"You know Vinny, you should really tell Spencer before it's too late," Sandro spoke. We were here in Spencer's older brother's wedding venue. We got invited to his bachelor's party but here I am, lost in my own thoughts of her. Of Spencer. To sum it up, it was always been Spencer.

"Think about it Vincent. What if someone out there will swept her off her feet and tell the world she means the most to him but it's not you." He continued.

I made a face. "The hell Sandro."

He grinned. "Just a thought Vinny. After all, you married because you got her pregnant. Wala siyang panghahawakan sayo dahil wala kang sinasabi. She's not a manghuhula for fuck's sake."

My gaze turned to Spencer who was busy talking to a man. I know him. He's a senior when we were in high school and one kuya Alexis' friends.

"Aagawin na ang irog mo pero wala kang ginagawa." Louise spoke beside me.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Who ever told you about my feelings?"

"I can see the way you look at her. Alam ng lahat Vinny. Maliban kay Spencer dahil napaka-dense niyo sa isa't-isa mga putangina kayo." She spat.

"Louise. Save your cuss when we're alone. Though you look hot, I suggest you don't do it often." Sandro spoke.

Fucking couple.

"Ew guys. Ew." I said, rolling my eyes for the nth time.

"Maka-ew naman akala mo hindi minumura ni Spencer habang sex." Louise replied.

"Please stop talking." I told her.

"Please stop being dense." She spat back.

I sighed. "Can you guys help me?"

Louise grinned. "Ohh. Aamin ka na ba sa kanya after fifteen years?"

----

Still, VINNY

I was fucking nervous while holding my ukulele here in Bangui beach. It was nothing really that special. I just parked my car here and turned on the car light. I could hear the waves of the ocean behind me. I felt nervous.

My phone beeped. Louise texted me that Spencer is with them and they were heading here. I felt even more nervous. It was twice the intensity I felt when I married Spencer. I feel like my heart was gonna burst when I saw Sandro's BMW approaching the area. Fuck.

It was now or never and I would go with now.

At that moment, I have realized I wanted to put an end on the if's inside my head. I can't just go on and be with Spencer without having to tell her that I love her. I didn't have any script with me since it was a spur of the moment kind of confession.

Sandro's car stopped and Spencer emerged seconds later. She was still wearing the dress she wore during dinner and she was still beautiful. Spencer has always been beautiful in my eyes.

There was a hint of curiosity in her face, probably wondering why I called her out using a fucking song. Fuck I was even more nervous as she walked towards me.

"Vinny." She breathed. Spencer was a meter away from me.

I smiled. "Hey."

"I-."

"Spencer," I cut her in. "I have something for you Spencer," I told her.

Her mouth parted, looking at me with a questioned look. I smiled and started playing my ukulele. My heart started beating erratically as I looked at the ever beautiful Spencer.

"I know I should have done this before but I hope I am not too late." I told her.

When we're out in a crowd

Laughing loud and nobody knows why

When we're lost at a club, getting drunk

And when you give me that smile

Going home in the back of a car

And your hand touches mine

When we're done making love

And you look up and give me those eyes

'Cause all of the small things that you do

Are what remind me why I fell for you

And when we're apart, and I'm missing you

I close my eyes and all I see is you

And the small things you do

I stopped midway and dropped my ukulele then stepped closer. Spencer blinked. I smiled and pulled her nape to kiss her like how a woman should be kissed by her man. I am her man. It was always been that way.

Our lips touched. The intensity was different and overwhelming. I feel like my heart is going to burst any second as our lips touched.

I pulled away and looked at her.

"Vinny." She muttered.

"It was always you," She blinked. "It was always you Spencer," I repeated. "I love you. I have loved you for the past years and it has always stayed that way. I am sorry it took me years to say it. I love you Spencer. I love you,"

I breathed. My heart was still beating erratically. Spencer was just looking at me, bewildered.

"Do you love me?" I asked, almost a whisper.

She looked at me and smiled then pulled me down to kiss her fully on the lips.

"I love you Vincent. I have always been in love with you and it has always stayed that way too. Nothing has changed." Spencer mumbled.

That put a smile on my face. I embraced her tight and it was so warm.

She giggled.

"Oh Vinny. Everyone was right. You do feel the same for me."

I laughed.

"I guess both of us felt the same doubts."

"Not anymore Vinny. Not anymore." She mumbled.

I smiled and swiped the hair behind her ear then kissed her forehead.

"Tara na Sandro. Huwag na natin silang antayin. Magse-sex pa sila." I heard Louise talking.

I could only roll my fucking eyes. 

END

---

Hello there! Thank you so much for reading this far! I hope you liked it. And yes, tapos na po. It's not that long compared to Daylight because it's just a spinoff. 

This won't have a katuloy unlike the Daylight but you can read updates on their lives on After Daylight. :))

See you on the next fanfictions! Ingat kayo.