Prologue

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

'F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!!' The absolute giant thought to themselves as they ran through the halls. They were late for the first dinner back at Hogwarts and just as they reached the doors to the great hall they stopped in their tracks.

'Wait a second.. If I go in now everyone will look at me and think I'm weird for being late!' Was their mental thought process as they leaned against one of the old stone pillars, right next to the door. 'Maybe if I skip and wake up extra early to eat breakfast it will be fine.. But then they would think I'm some sort of freak for waking up at four in the morning!'

As they had this mental breakdown, Y/n hadn't noticed a certain potions master walking up behind them. He stood right behind them and spoke up rather harshly, because it wasn't someone from his house.

"What are you doing out here?" He questioned them and Y/n basically fell onto the floor, how a possum would if a predator of sorts came up to it. Just that they couldn't fake their death and that Snape didn't want to kill them.. Just yet that is.

As he didn't get an answer from the student, who still layed on the floor seemingly paralyzed, he gently tapped them with his foot which made them jolt up and look at him awkwardly.

"What are you doing out here?" He repeated, much more gently, because he didn't want to scare them again. "It's dinner time and all of the other students are in the great hall."

They didn't respond anyways, trying to find some sort of way to tell the big bad professor, that they would much rather go back to their common room and starve for the night then enter. 'Big bad wolf, hehe..' They mentally chuckled at their own joke, before trying to come up with a way to tell him that they didn't want to go in.

That's why they pointed at the door before pointing back at themselves and then making a 'x'-motion with their arms. Snape was a little confused at that, before he asked them another question.

A stupid question, but a question nonetheless. "You're afraid of doors?" The older male asked and that only resulted in Y/n smacking their forehead and regretting life itself.

They then mustered up all the courage they could and muttered a word, that Snape could barely catch. "Afraid.." Was spoken in a quiet and almost hoarse voice, as if the owner of it hadn't spoken in a while, which was true after all.

"Afraid?? Oh are you afraid of going inside?" He questioned again and Y/n felt a little overwhelmed by how much this man was talking to them.