. . ⇢ ͙۪۪˚┊❛ 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑒𝑡. ❜┊-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗜𝗜.ˎˊ˗ ꒰ ˚ ͙۪۪◌

Start from the beginning

"Pardon me...could you repeat that?"

"Ah, I apologize. I was being too straightforward. As soon as I caught word of your visit, I wanted to give you a grand tour right away! Is that...alright..?"

He trailed off, his ribbons adjusting his bowknot tie nervously.

"It is! That's so very thoughtful of you. The gesture is greatly endearing. Will Financier Cookie and Wagashi Cookie follow behind in a separate vehicle? If that's okay with you two?"

"Of course, your highness!" Wagashi Cookie answered. Financier Cookie nodded with a small smile.

"Indeed, I've made all the arrangements. Wouldn't want my guest fretting about preparations. All you have to worry about is having fun here, a simplistic task hm?"

I nodded and stepped into the carriage. He climbed in after and sat next to me. The carriage began moving. Though I soon realized it was a convertible one, as the roof folding off over us so we could sightsee much more.

"Perfect! Over there is our main plaza, or the piazza. We have many more, however citizens usually flock to this one since it serves as a "city center". You should try our pizza! Or crepes! Oh, maybe we could fly on an airship?"

"That sounds lovely, but...I'm actually here to get some of your delicacies for my mother. She isn't feeling the best right now."

"Oh! Apologies, I get easily carried away, causing me to ramble and...ahaha. You get the point. Chauffeur! To the Shoppe Center, please!"
——————————————————————
"There is such a variety of different food in this here market. You'll find only the most appetizing of dishes at each stall."

"Oh wowww....." I muttered, a bit overwhelmed at the amount of booths and stalls.

"See anything to your liking?"

"Yes, the crepes! Mother loves crepes but doesn't have them too often. Which ones are the best?"

"You're asking a professional food connoisseur. Leave all the handiwork to me, my dear Dreamflourian Heiress."

I chuckled. He was actually very lighthearted once you got to know him, but...I feel like he's hiding something from me though. And I don't mean something positive.

Earlier today, just before we got off of the jet, I saw Clotted Cream Cookie and Financier Cookie whispering to each other. Could they have ulterior motives?
I brushed those thoughts off, making sure I'll dawdle on them later. I should voice my concerns to mother if I'm correct and have enough evidence to back it up. I hope to prove myself wrong.

"Strawberry Crepes with Whipped Cream and Fudge Squares are perfect for her majesty, hm?"

"Exactly. That should do! She doesn't want me to get much but maybe some meringues?"

"Our lemon meringues are one of the most sought after desserts across Earthbread. They taste heavenly. Would you like some?"

"Absolutely! If they're as delicious as you insist, I'll get 2 for us as well!" I chimed, grabbing my wallet. One of his ribbons immediately stopped my hand.

"Ah-ah-ah. You're my guest. This one's on me, okay?" He smiled smugly.

"Fine, just this once, you Cunning Consul."

He laughed at the nickname I gave him whilst I rolled my eyes playfully and waited by the fountain as he went off to order. A few citizens noticed my presence.

"Woah! It's the Dreamflour Heiress!"

"She's so pretty!"

"I know right? Such a beautiful princess! Wow!"

"Is she with Consul Clotted Cream Cookie?"

"I hope so! They would look so cute together."

I blushed at their comments. (especially the last one hehe) Alas, I believe that we are just mere acquaintances.

7 younger children ran up to me and began complimenting my outfit, my eyes, etc. How sweet of them.

"Awwwwh, you all are so cute! Hey, let's play a game, okay?"

They cheered. I have always been good with children. Perhaps I have a natural motherly instinct?

"There's a game I used to play as a younger, fresher cookie. "Night at the Museum" is what it's called!" I then went on to explain the game briefly and they all seemed to understand. However, I made sure to not use overly-complicated diction.

"I'll be the night guard. You all are the statues. Is that okay?"

"Yeahh! Let's play, play, play!"
——————————————————————
Clotted Cream Cookie's POV:
Once I finished paying for and getting the meringues, I turned on my heel, walking towards the fountain until I stopped in my tracks.

There was Y/N Cookie, playing with a group of children. They all were laughing and messing around. I felt a foreign warmth spread across my face, my heartbeat quickening. Her H/C hair flowed freely through the wind (if you don't have hair: Her eyes glinted with pure joyousness.) In that moment, she looked so perfect. I don't know what this feeling in my chest is.
I walked over and the children immediately stopped what they were doing. I frowned briefly, disappointed in myself for interrupting their fun, but regained a benign smile.

"Don't worry, dear children. Keep on playing. I'm going to talk with Miss Y/N for a moment. Is that okay?"

They immediately smiled and nodded. "Yes, of course Honorable Consul Sir!! Thank you!"

Honorable Consul Sir? Hm.

"Thank you so much for getting the desserts, you really didn't have to. I have a proposition." She smiled, cupping her hands in front of her. I raised an eyebrow.

"What if I gave you free dancing lessons? Until the Dreamflourian Ball."

"Because of dessert? You're welcome but I'd need to-"

Before I knew it, a piece of lemon meringue was stuffed into my mouth. I swallowed it and opened my mouth to talk again, but she shushed me.

"Nope! Free dance lessons. Plus, I'd really like to dance with you. You'd make a great dance partner."

I blushed and gulped.

"How do you know?"

"Oh, just my intuition I guess." She hummed. We bid goodbye to the children and soon after found our carriage again.

"Well, I should be heading back now. Before I go, could you give me your hand?" She asked, offering her own hand to me.

"Hm? Okay then-"

As soon as I did so, she spun me around so quick I managed to dip her, catching my balance. She smiled up at me while I internally freaked out. Get ahold of yourself, Clotted Cream Cookie, you are the glorious Consul of the Crème Republic! I can't possibly...

"That's how I knew you were going to be a natural dancer. You plan 8 steps ahead, and anyone who opposes you knows. You might be caught off guard yet always regain your balance just as quickly as you stumble. You always seem to be in control, right? Enemies tremble before you, begging for mercy, as they know you'll always win and get your way. And that, my dear Consul, is a rare trait for a cookie to possess."

I was stunned as she lifted me up and adjusted my ribbons.

"See you tomorrow for your first lesson. No need to talk all formally around me when we're outside of work."

I handed her the bags and she nodded gratefully, beginning to climb into the carriage. She suddenly stopped and turned around to face me.

"Oh, and please, call me Y/N."

And with that, the carriage gained speed, moving off into the distance. She waved at me and I found myself waving back until she was gone.

"Okay Y/N..." I whispered to myself, a genuine smile spreading across my face. I looked up at the direction she sped off in.

"I'll be there tomorrow. I promise."

||𝙀𝙣𝙙~!||