1-The meeting

Chapter 1: The meeting

Elizabeth pouted and crossed her arms, her lower lip puffed out in both playfulness and agitation. "Lizzie." Chris mused and he grinned even more. "What are you grinning about?" She snapped, playfully of course. Elizabeth squealed when she was tackled and her sides were probed. She writhed around in laughter below Chris, her once perfect hair now every where, including in her mouth. She squealed again as he blew on her stomach. "OhmygodChrisstop!!!!" She squealed out between laughs. Her eyes watered as he continued but something caused them to freeze. "Christian, Elizabeth." The two slowly stood up, heads bowed in submission. "Christian, I expect more from you. You are the next Alpha and you 22 years old, act your age." The Alpha looked at Elizabeth. "And you, Elizabeth, you are future Beta.. You need to be his example, you need to keep him in check. You are the same age, he will listen to you."

Elizabeth nodded and bowed. "Of course, Alpha Philip." she replied respectfully. "Now, come along. The Blood Moon Pack has arrived. Consider this as training for your position." Alpha Philip smiled which caused her to smile in return. The two wolves walked towards the conference office and she felt nervous. This was her first pack meeting with a pack she had heard many things about, both good and bad. When she finally came too, she was standing beside Chris, her eyes on the males at the long table. "Gentleman, this is Christian, future Alpha of the Grey Moon Pack." Alpha Philip explained, presenting his son. "And this is future Beta, Elizabeth Michaels." Elizabeth bows in respect. "It's a pleasure to meet the future of this pact." An older man says who Elizabeth knew immediately was a Beta. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Beta." She replied respectfully. The feeling if eyes burning into her neck caused her to turn and see a man in the corner. The Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack. She licked her lips and looked him over.

He had almost black hair that reached his mid-ear and slightly curled at the ends, he had a Carmel like colored skin, muscular, broad shoulders, sharp facial features, plump lips, gorgeously hazel eyes, and 6 foot 8(which was tall for a werewolf too, mind you). "I am Alpha Lucas." He introduced and he took her hand, giving it a not-so-chaste kiss." She blushed and his eyes were on hers as his tongue flicked across her hand. Smirking, pulling from her and walked towards the table, sitting at the end. 'Mate ' wolf snarled and Elizabeth fought the urge to scoff. How clichéd she thought to herself and sat on the left of Alpha Philip while Chris sat on his right. "Alpha Lucas and Alpha Allistar, I have invited you all here today to ask for a truce." There were murmurs and Alpha Philip waited for them to silence. Both Elizabeth and Chris looked at one another, confused. Sure, they weren't bad packs but they had been their neighbours for centuries and were only now offered to become alliances? "We gladly accept your offer." There was a pause and Alpha Lucas looked Directly at Elizabeth.

"But, I take her with me when we leave." A growl erupted from Alpha Philip's chest. "You may not take my Beta." He replied angrily. Alpha Lucas smirked. "She is my mate." It was silent all around the room. Chris jumped up and growled. "I don't care who she is to you, she stays." Elizabeth felt a grin on her lips grow at Chris's words. Alpha Lucas snarled and glared. "You are going to keep an Alpha from his mate?" He snarled dangerously low. Chris growled, his eyes switching from his normal grey eyes to a color that was almost black. It was silent except for the two growls emitting from the two men. Elizabeth rest a hand on Chris's shoulder. "I'll visit, alright?" She whispered and kissed his cheek. Chris turned and hugged her tightly. "You'll always be my girl." He whispered and tenderly cupped her cheeks, kissing her lips before pulling away. Elizabeth smiled and walked to Alpha Philip and he smiled, walking her to the house which the Alphas and the Betas resided. Her parents were now sitting on the couch, beaming. "How was it?" Elizabeth's mother, Krista, asked. "I found my mate." She muttered. She was more than excited but a little heart broke. She was so convinced Christopher was her mate but apparently not. Her mother froze in place, her eyes wide while her father was silent.

"You are leaving us?" Krista whispered softly and Elizabeth nodded slowly. "I'll visit, I promise!" She said quickly and hugged her mother. She couldn't just reject her mate. Well, should but the two were made for each other, quite literally. Strong arms suddenly embraced her and she smiled, melding into her father's chest. "I'll see you in two weeks, ok pup?" He murmured and Elizabeth nodded. "Of course." He kissed her forehead before releasing her. "Now, go get packed." Elizabeth smiled and walked up, Alpha Philip following Her. "We are going to miss you." Alpha Philip says softly as he helps her pack her clothing. "I know.. I wasn't expecting to find my mate at a meeting." Elizabeth let's out an airy laugh. Sure, she was ecstatic to have found her mate but, she was depressed because she was leaving her home so fast. She was overdue to have found her mate, given most find theirs their first few months after turning 17 but she was still scared.

Elizabeth sighed and soon finished with her things. Alpha Philip smiled meekly and grabbed her bulky luggage. "Come on, kiddo." He muttered softly and led her outside. In all honesty, Elizabeth felt like she was betraying her pack, betraying her parents, betraying her Alpha. She pursed her lip and looked up when she was outside and her stomach fluttered. Alpha Lucas stood by his motorcycle while his Beta waited by his truck. His Beta took the luggage and put it in his passenger seat. "See you on the full moon, Alpha Philip?" Alpha Lucas asked respectfully. Alpha Philip nodded and looked at Elizabeth. "Be sure to call soon." Alpha Philip whispered and cupped her cheek. Elizabeth smiled and held his hand. "I will." She stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek before hugging him. "Tell Chris I'll see him soon." Alpha Philip smiled and nodded. "Take care of her." He snarled lowly before hugging her and releasing her. Elizabeth wanted to cry. She was, after all, raised in that pack. She took the second helmet and climbed behind Alpha Lucas, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Elizabeth clutched his body and the motorcycle reared to life before speeding off. She dug her face in his back, unintentionally taking in his scent which caused her wolf to go wild with need. She growled lowly and kept her eyes closed. Elizabeth doesn't know how long it was before the engine cut. She looked up and slowly took the helmet off. She was on edge by this point and she was prepared for an attack. "Calm down, kitten." Alpha Lucas teased before putting his helmet away. The truck soon pulled up and out came the Beta with her luggage. "Kane, could you bring that to my bedroom, I would like to show my mate around." Beta Kane nodded and walked inside. "Being a Luna is similar to being a Beta." He explained as they walked.

"The only difference is, the Luna takes care of the pack with the Alpha Male. Luna's take care of the Alpha Male, the Luna produces children for him." He looks at her and Elizabeth licks her lips in nervousness. "When is the ceremony?" She asks timidly. "Tonight after sundown." He replied gently. "My cousin should have a dress for you." He added. Elizabeth exhaled and nodded. To say she was nervous, was an understatement.