It meant that Cale wanted to make a deal with him.

That was why he was relieved. It was because Cale was similar to him.
However, he did have a question.

"Are you really not one of us?"

How could Cale know his identity if he was not a Dark Elf as well? Alberu could not figure this out.
The only people who knew his identity were his mother's siblings. They had helped him so that his father, the king, would not find out his mother's identity.
They were all on Alberu's side.

Cale pointed to the glass bottle and answered Alberu's question.

"I will die if I drink that."

Dead mana was like an extremely deadly poison for humans.

– Do not worry, human. This mighty dragon will save you no matter what.

Cale just ignored Raon as usual and pushed the glass bottle toward Alberu.

"Don't you need it?"

Alberu came clean with it.

"Of course, it is good if I have it. It will make me stronger. It is clean as well. There are no traces of poison."
"Of course. It is a very precious item."

Cale continued on like what he said next was not surprising.

"Since it is a dead dragon's mana."
"...What?"

Alberu could not hide his shock. He then let out a sigh after seeing the smile on Cale's face.

"You're driving me crazy."

Alberu was not speaking like how someone in his position should, but he did not really want to do so today. Instead, he was speaking in the way he spoke to his mother's siblings.

"You really have no plans to say anything about my identity."

It was difficult to find dead mana these days. But it was a dragon's dead mana?

Of course, the amount of dead mana in the glass bottle was minimal. However, the fact that it was a dragon's dead mana would make Alberu become at least three or four times stronger than he was right now.

Alberu could not understand why Cale would give him something so precious, even for a compensation. He thought Cale was someone similar to him, but now it was difficult to understand Cale.

"Why are you asking something so obvious?"

Alberu was at a loss of words after hearing Cale say that it was obvious.
However, it really was the obvious answer for Cale.

'The Roan Kingdom needs to become stronger.'

If you took a look at the power struggle between kingdoms right now, the Breck Kingdom and Roan Kingdom were at the bottom. The Whipper Kingdom was on a one-way train to hell under Toonka's leadership, but they were a different story.

At the same time, the Southern Jungle was slowly regaining its strength after putting out the fire earlier than in the novel. They all probably respected Litana even more after she brought Cale to the Southern Jungle to put out the fire.

In addition, the Northern Alliance was planning their invasion as well. Alberu was gathering the Whipper Kingdom's mages in order to grow his own influence and prepare for the Northern Alliance's invasion.