At this moment Mary was sleeping with her head on my shoulder.

"no, it's fine" I said smiling at the sight of cute Mary.

After a moment of silence Sir ballad chose to speak up.

"mylady, I heard about the annulment.. I was wondering if you're alright?" He asked me with genuine worry in his eyes.

"Were you worried about me Sir ballad?" I asked while smiling at him.

"Um..well it's not like that.. I was just asking" He quickly turned his head towards the window looking outside.

"I'm alright and thanks for asking sir ballad"I replied smiling.

"Mylady" Sir ballad called me.

"Hmmm?"

"I hope you meet someone better than the crown prince" He said looking directly in my eyes sunlight reflecting his light ash eyes giving it a touch of silver inside..

I smiled at that. He really does care. Now I feel guilty at taking over her body. There are so many people that cares about her and she just didn't realize it. She ended her life without knowing it. I hope they won't realize that I'm possessing her body. Even if they do realize it there's nothing that can be done.

The rest of the journey was in silence. I was looking outside the window thinking about things that would relieve my guilt.

Five days have passed and all I did was explore the mansion, talking and getting along with everyone in the mansion, reading books, horse riding and sometimes knitting.
I also asked Sir ballad to teach me swordsmanship which I quit after two days. You can't blame me it was so hard to lift a sword and by swinging it three times my hand felt like it'll fall down from its sockets.

Everyone was surprised at my sudden change. Salvarina never interacted with anyone. She would attend tea parties or sit in her room training to be the empress. But oh well everyone liked the change.

I also got a background report on the craftsman. Apparently his name is John Rex. He used to work for the Falcon's trading house. He quit not too long ago. He is a marvelous craftsman. And as to why he quit is... plagiarism. His idea and invention was stolen by them?.. Now the guy lives in seclusion. I felt bad for him. But things are going to change.

I went to see the craftsman. This time I made Mary and Sir ballad wait outside while I went inside his house.

"I hope it's not too troublesome for the lady to visit my humble home" He said.

"Not at all. This feels good. You have a lot of items here" I began looking around.. These are all made by him?.. He has quite the talent I must say.

"Yes. I do have"

"Why aren't you selling it?" I asked him while carefully touching and observing his inventions.

"It's...." He began to say rather dejected.

"Because they are not paying you the amount you deserve" I finished his sentence.

"Well, yes" He said.

"You know, street light was first invented by me" He said proudly.

"Really? I didn't know that. It was known that it was invented by someone at the falcon trading house. So you must be working for them? " I asked him carefully.

"No. I'm not working for those treacherous snakes" He said annoyingly.

"Snakes?" I asked startled.

"They stole my invention promising me to give all the credit and a huge position in their company" He said dejected.

"I'm sorry to hear that" I shouldn't have brought it up.

"It's all in the past now so I stopped inventing new things. Even if I do invent stuff I won't show it to anyone" He said with a huff.

"Is that why all your inventions are piled up here?" I asked while looking at all of the stuff that's been lying there.

"Yes.. Anyways take a look at the ice box" He quickly showed me the ice box that he made.

"I made it like you mentioned." He said while patting the box.

"Hmmm.. It's quite easy to use and it's portable too.. Thank you John"

"I just joined together stuff from your idea" He said while looking away.

"No. You brought my idea to life. And I thank you for that" I thanked him sincerely.

"You honor me too much" he said with a small smile crepting up his face.

"Then I'm planning on making it in bulk and selling it. Of course you are going to make it" I said in an instant.

"Me?" He looked confused.

"Yes. And don't worry I'm gonna give you the full credit"

"no my lady, it was your idea. I can't take credit for it." He protested.

"Mr John, it's you who made it. Not everyone can put together all the pieces from my idea. You were able to do it cause you are talented and capable. Be confident in yourself"

"Alright then" He agreed after my persuasion.

"Now here's your payment. If you don't feel sufficient you can ask for more" I gave him a bag of gold coins.

"No, my lady this is more than sufficient"

"Also Mr John, What do you say about working for me?"

"You?"

"Yes me. I'm planning on opening a trading house"

"I - I'll think about it"

"I hope you'll accept it and I can guarantee you with my name that I Salvarina Salvair will ensure that you will be given the respect and money you deserve" I said confidently.

For a moment he looked at me in awe.

"I'll accept it" He replied in an instant.

"Pardon really..that fast?"

"I trust the lady" He said looking firmly into my eyes.

"Great then I'll bring the papers for you to sign.. Also before I leave I'll give you a task"

"What is it my lady?"
.......
In the carriage on the way back ~

"Mylady, what did he say?" Mary asked curiously.

"He agreed furthermore he said he'll bring other talented craftsmen to join our trading house" I said.

"Mylady, are you really set on opening a trade house?" Mary asked again.

"Yes of course" I died without getting my promotion as a director so in this new life I'm going to be the CEO.

                                 ♠️