• Chapter Two •

It was now the morning of the next day, aka November 1st. News broke of Keith's murder during the early morning hours and it was all anyone could think or talk about. That also included our four survivors of the previous attacks (carried out by John and Jaren).

Evan and the others sat in his car. The four sitting in the parking lot of their college campus.

"You know, it really dosen't help that they're comparing Keith's death to everyone else's from a few months ago..." Shannon spoke.

Kyle nodded, "Can you blame them though?"

"Yeah, especially when Keith's death seemed more brutal than what John and Jaren ever did.. " Evan added, sighing as he shook his head.

Maxis remained quiet, just listening to what the others were saying. She knew that she'd hear about the murder all day today, given the nature of what she was majoring in (becoming a detective/criminology).

Evan looked at the clock in his car, sighing again as he spoke, "Might as well get today over with."

The others agreed and the group would all get out. Evan locked the door and they'd all walk towards the main campus buildings. Upon getting there, they bumped into three of their new friends.

One of them had blonde hair, this was Bryce. Another one wore a blue hoodie and had a raccoon pin on it, this was Jonathan. The last of the three wore a red hoodie that had devil horns on the hood and he had a scar in the shape of an "x" over his one eye, this was Luke.

"You guys are here early, no?" Kyle spoke.

"Yeah, I thought for sure Jonathan would still be in bed." Evan added, "Especially since your classes don't start for another couple of hours."

Jonathan shrugged, "I figured I'd work on my report in the library."

Kyle nodded, understanding as he had the same report, although he hadn't started his yet. He'd then turn to Bryce and Luke, wondering if they'd also explain why they were here earlier than usual.

"I'm here because I wanted to invite you guys to the party I'm having." Luke explained, "It'll be during the week of our little Thanksgiving break."

"Isn't it a little too early to plan that?" Evan asked.

Shannon nodded, "Yeah, that's still like two or three weeks away?"

Luke shrugged, "I just figured I'd let you guys know." He would take a look around and furrow his brows before turning back, "Have you guys seen Lance? I wanted to invite him and Keith as well..."

"Well, Lance probably won't be showing up today and probably for the rest of the week..." Kyle replied.

Luke was confused, "What? Why not?" He asked.

Evan responded with his own confusion, "Wait, you don't know?" He waited to see Luke's confusion only skyrocket before continuing, "his boyfriend, Keith, was murdered last night..."

Luke's eyes widened, "oh shit, really?" He was in a state of disbelief, turning to Bryce and Jonathan to watch both of them nod, "Well damn..."

There was a brief moment of silence before Bryce groaned. He had checked his phone and sighed.

"Looks like it's time for me to go to Calculus." He sighed.

"Have fun~" Kyle teased, chuckling at his friend's annoyance.

Once Bryce left, Jonathan and Luke would follow behind a few moments later. That left Evan, Shannon, Maxis and Kyle standing around.

"So, you guys going to Luke's party?" Evan asked, smiling as he looked at the others.

Shannon nodded, "Probably, I've got nothing better to do during thanksgiving break." She smiled afterwards.

Kyle also nodded, "Sure, I guess?" He quickly glanced towards Maxis, noticing her biting her lip before he spoke again, "Although, maybe not. I'm not 100% sure yet." He smiled.

Evan nodded, "Cool, just let me know though, so I know who's house to go to."

After discussing the party for a few more moments, both Evan and Shannon left to go to their classes they had. That left Kyle and Maxis standing by themselves for a few minutes. Maxis would turn and look up at her brother.

"Why'd you do that?" She asked.

"Huh?" Kyle replied. He knew what she meant but acted like he didn't, which caused Maxis to groan.

"Come on, don't play dumb." She grumbled, "It's because I didn't say yes to the party, right?" She asked and continued before letting him speak, "Look, I don't want to be the reason why you don't go..."

Kyle sighed, "I mean, it wouldn't be as fun for us three if you're not there." He stopped for a moment to think, "But I can't force you to go, you know?"

Maxis nodded, "I'll think about, okay?" She looked up at him, "I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no, just I'll think about it."

Kyle took a few moments and then he nodded, understading what she said. He knew that she was still rather suspicious about gatherings of any kind, considering what happened over the summer at Evan's house and the new murder last night. So he wasn't holding it against her if she didn't want to go.

"Sounds good to me." Kyle replied with a small smile. He'd then look at his phone, "Alright small fry, I gotta get to my class."

Maxis huffed and stomped a foot because she hated the nickname, "You know I hate that."

Kyle grinned, "I know."

Maxis would continue to pout, while her brother chuckled and gave her a quick hug. He'd then went off to his class, Maxis doing the same so that way they could get their day over with.

....

A/N: Well, that was kind of a meh/filler chapter, lol. I hate writing them but they're necessary lol. So, we've somewhat caught up with our four survivors of the previous book and we met three of their new friends, Jonathan, Luke and Bryce. I will see you in the next chapter! Peace out and stay safe!

Scream 2 (Banana Bus Squad + OCs story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें