Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Maze considered Wanda's words for a moment. 

"No" she replied, "But at some point this is all going to come out, so what do you propose we do about it?" 

Yelena frowned as she looked at Wanda. They'd agreed earlier to make a decision on this after seeing what the situation was like later on at the club when everyone was together. That was before knowing that Maze also had the same information as them. 

"We give Y/N and Nat as much time as we can before we break the news to them. They deserve to not be dragged into this unless it is absolutely necessary. Of course I understand that you'll Want to tell Dimitri and Rhys about this, which is fine. Perhaps we can work together and resolve this without Y/N or Nat having to be involved" Wanda suggested, her hand reaching for Yelena's, sensing that her girlfriend was ready to object to the plan. 

'It's for the best right now my love. I know it means lying to Nat but she's suffered through enough pain caused by James. Maybe we can do this without her' Wanda spoke in Yelena's mind.

'You know I love you Maximoff and I trust you, always. But I don't know how we can trust her and the other two not to screw us over with this? Are you sure about this plan?'

'I love you too Lena. I think we have to try this and try to give Maze the benefit of the doubt. I believe she wants the best for Y/N and can see that this information could push Y/N into doing something reckless which none of us want.'

'Very well, I will support you but if there is any sign of us getting screwed over we call it off and we tell Natasha, yes?'

'Agreed. No pushing Maze's buttons though, we need to try to be a team on this.'

'Yes okay fine. I will be on my best behaviour.'

"Are you two done having your private lovers mind meeting?" Maze asked irritably as she watched the pair of them communicating silently with one another. 

Yelena fought the urge to make a vulgar gesture with her hand at Maze, knowing that would not help the situation and would probably earn her a scalding from Wanda. Instead she just gave Maze an innocent smile. 

"We were heading to the club, I assume you are going there as well?" Wanda spoke to Maze. 

"Yes, Y/N said they would meet me there" Maze nodded. 

"Right well let's go and speak with Dimitri and Rhys about this situation before Nat and Y/N get there" Wanda suggested. 

"Fine" Maze agreed before turning and heading back to her motorbike. 

**

Y/N still felt like at any moment they were going to wake up and find that all of this was a dream, that their mind was playing an awful joke on them. Each time they felt like that, they found themselves reaching for Nat's hand and every time Nat just smiled softly at them as if she understood exactly why Y/N needed that physical touch. That reassurance that she was really there. 

"Did you enjoy the pancakes?" Y/N asked as they made their way through the park, "I mean I'm guessing you did since you had three plates of them." 

Nat laughed and nudged Y/N gently in the side. 

"Can you blame me? It's been years since I last had them and they tasted as amazing as I remembered, so I couldn't help myself" 

"Well I'm sure we can make it a regular thing again" Y/N smiled slightly as they looked over at Nat.

"Is that your way of saying you want me to stay here?" Nat asked. 

"I mean I know you're a busy avenger now and probably have a lot of hero stuff to be doing. But when you're not doing that, then of course I would want you to be here with me" Y/N admitted, as they brushed their thumb against Nat's hand. 

Nat came to a stop, moving to be standing in front of Y/N, looking at them. 

"I've given a lot of my life to being a 'hero'... I even gave up my life being a hero... So I think I'm allowed to be selfish now and take a break from it. I want to stay here and be with you, Y/N, if that's what you want" Nat said softly, her eyes meeting Y/N's. 

"Of course I want you here with me Natalia" Y/N smiled more as they spoke, "I think we both deserve to be in control of our lives and choices for once and to be selfish with it." 

Stepping in closer, Nat brought her lips to Y/N's and kissed them, her body naturally fitting against theirs. Y/N let go of Nat's hand so that they could instead wrap their arms around Natalia's wait and hold her. 

The moment was interrupted by the sudden beeping of Nat's phone. Letting out a groan of frustration, Nat broke away from the kiss as she slipped her hand into her jacket to pull out her phone. 

"What's wrong?" Y/N asked as they watched the frown appear on Nat's face as she read the message. 

"It's Steve, he's here in Budapest now and say he needs to see me right away, something bad's happened. He's sent some coordinates for where to meet him. He doesn't want to risk telling me over a message incase it's intercepted" Nat answered as she looked at the map. 

"Okay, well we can go and grab my motorbike and be there in no time" Y/N replied, knowing that Nat couldn't ignore this. 

"I'm sorry" Nat sighed, only moments ago she'd told Y/N that she was ready to give the hero stuff up and now this, 

"There's no need to apologise Natalia, he's your friend and something is wrong and if he needs your help then we should go and see him" Y/N assured Natalia, pressing a kiss to her forehead. 

Nat nodded, letting Y/N lead the way back toward the park exit. All she'd wanted was to spend the day with Y/N, no drama or hero business, clearly that was too much to ask for. She was sure thought that Steve wouldn't have come all this way if it was nothing.