°•❁𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏❁•°

Start from the beginning

the red haired pulled them close by the fragile part, running his hand slowly through their arm as they seemed too in pain to react fast, and grabbed the knife.

"i want you to send the king my greetings." he softly slid the blade along the fairy's cheek, too gentle to cut the skin, but enough to make them not able to forget the sensation for a couple of months, at least. "tell him i'm waiting for him to try harder, as it's already getting pathetic."

yeonjun felt disgusted by the person close to him, someone who supported his father's doings, who was willing to cope with him. someone who deserved his hatred and his anger, who deserved to suffer.

the demon pushed them slightly away, holding them by the wings, before sliding the knife across the spot connecting them to the fairy. blood was splattered on the dead leaves, screams were echoed through the trees and lost like a secret. when he was done, yeonjun held the wings on his hand, not a single damage on them as he was careful enough. hongjoong could have them.

the red haired blinked, feeling a sharp pain in his head while still holding the trembling fairy on his arms, his lips on their ear as if he just told them something. he let them go, making the person fall on the ground and crawl back in fear. yeonjun just had a vision, of what he would do, of what he could do, of how he almost turned in a copy of his father, as said male ripped hongjoong's wings.

he was about to do the same.

"don't forget the message. i wouldn't want to go after you." the demon stared coldly at them, who nodded frenetically, and pointed to the trees. "go."

the fairy did as said, getting up and running to the darkness, and yeonjun was left alone, with only his thoughts and vision to haunt him. he fought his whole life to not turn into his father and yet, there he was, one step from doing so.

the male gritted his teeth, looking at the knife on his hand and closing his eyes. he laughed to nothing, the sound echoing creepily through the forest as he brought both hands to his head, disturbed. he felt cursed, bonded to continue his father's acts, stuck with the king's blood running through his veins, destined to break and lose his sanity.

yeonjun put a hand on his mouth, it's back touching his lips softly, and took a deep breath, sticking the knife in the trunk of the closest tree, before walking to his house. when the small building was in front of him, he stopped, starting to feel less disturbed and more mad about the whole thing. his father could go fuck himself, he ruined the male's life, his mind, his mother. hyukjun deserved the worst possible and if the worst was himself, maybe yeonjun indeed should turn into a version of him, but if doing so, he would be sure to be worse.

the red haired could control it, he didn't need to be a monster with every person alive. he could reserve such thing for his father only, right? right. yeonjun was sure now. he didn't want to be king? fine. didn't want to be a kim? fine. didn't want to link himself in any way with the royal family? fine too. what wasn't fine was letting hyukjun live, and the male decided he wouldn't.

yeonjun opened his door harshly, not feeling patient or calm. too much happened, too many thoughts, too many possibilities. it made him mad. he didn't expect to find beomgyu inside the house though, with brows furrowed and an uneasy expression.

"dan!"

"what is it?" the demon stepped closer, knowing something happen. "is hongjoong fine?"

"wha- yes, he is. tyun is with him, your father wasn't able to get him. we were lucky to find him in time after ruby managed to warn us." the gargoyle nodded while speaking, staring at his best friend. he considered asking what happened for the other to look so angry, but decided it wasn't a good idea.

"then what happened?" yeonjun asked angrily while starting to look through his cabinets, his little patience close to an end. then he stopped, turning to beomgyu and looking intensely at him when realizing what could be. "did you find him?"

the long haired averted his eyes, and the demon knew the answer.

"where?"

"i'm not sure, it could be wrong as it's almost impossible to be sure." the younger furrowed his brows in worry, he already realized yeonjun seemed to not be okay. "are you sure you want to go after him? maybe it's better to leave soobin an-"

"where, beomgyu?" the said male gulped lightly, the threatening voice the demon used not being much to his liking. either way, he trusted yeonjun, they were best friends and he knew the male was a good person, so he told him.

"in heaven."

"where specifically? which city? theria?"

"no." the male shook his head softly, biting his lip nervously. "he's in the castle." yeonjun laughed and the act surprised beomgyu to the core.

"i can't believe it!" the red haired was extremely amused by the news. he couldn't believe kai would go that far, maybe soobin was more precious than he thought. "the fucking ghost indeed did a great job!" even if finding it all surprising, yeonjun's laugh died quickly, knowing it would be hard to get to soobin, specially when he was forbidden to step in heaven.

the older opened one specific cabinet, grabbing a small glass and looking at it. the last bit of potion he had. the liquid rested there, looking disgusting as always with it's brown color and slightly thick texture.

"daniel, what are you going to do?" the gargoyle stared at his friend, who had a smirk on his lips.

yeonjun opened the glass, slowly turning it and letting the liquid fall in the sink. he looked at beomgyu, dark eyes and a bigger smirk now.

"i'll finally put some of my powers into use, gyu." he turned to the sink, throwing the glass on it when it was already empty and watching it shatter, before going back into staring at the other. "and i'm gonna need your help."

°•°•❁•°•°