𝟕

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ WINTER 2020 ]

"SO you wanna be my boyfriend?" Devyne asked Dayvon lowly as they sat in the family room. Devyne facing him on the couch, her arms hugging her knees as her chin rested on them.

Dayvon sucked his teeth, his eyes boring on her. "Whatchu' think Pea?"

Devyne sighed, "I don't know. I don't know how any of this works! What're we supposed to do together?"

Von sighed shrugging his shoulders. "Everything. Same shit we do na, just closa'."

"Well, I have rules," Devyne started cuddling her legs, "number one, you have to call me pretty at least a thousand times a day—"

"I already do dat," he noted.

"Number two, you have to bring me Wingstop every Tuesday—and you gotta stop callin' me fat all the time!" She frowned.

"Ight...witcho' big ass."

"Dayvon!"

Von laughed, falling back against the couch before looking at her frowned expression and sucking his teeth. Grabbing her jaw, he pressed a subtle kiss on her forehead. "You so sensitive gang. You gon' have ta' turn yo gangsta up. I jus' be playin' fat mama, you think cause I like you Ian gon flame yo ass up? Naw, free smoke for errbody—ian gon let nobody else try you doe! Kno dat."

Devyne smiled, the kiss and the beloved nickname he gave her making her stomach flutter as she fell into his chest with a heavy blush and a lovesick laugh. "You're cute." She muttered to him through a sigh making him laugh.

"Naw yo ass fine." Von smiled, watching her face as she pulled back, her expression and demeanor holding sheer happiness.

"Ugh, stop," she managed to get out, her hands over her hurting cheeks, "and this is the last one, do not ever ever lie to me. You don't have to, I'm literally the most understanding person because I know things happen and it's life. All I ask is that whatever happens that you're honest."

"I gotchu'." Von nodded clinging to her every word, looking at her extended pinky, hooking his pinky around hers he watched her smile.

"It's a promise now, so you can't break it—or I'll never talk to you like ever again." Devyne said seriously.

"Girl what? Pea i'a kill you, stop playin wimme." Von said firmly. "Even if shit don't work out—which it will—we gon' be coo fa' eva, we gon' always talk an' ima always be right hea fa you. Once I'm all in, I'm all in. Solid."