CHAPTER SIX ; IF I WAS A RICH GIRL

Start from the beginning

"Yes, and I'm a lawyer. My job is to figure out if the testimony can serve as evidence." He tried to reason himself. "You promote yourself in the apartments without an office, right?" Hyun-Kyung stood up for herself. You put down your hand already a while ago and you held it up to your mouth to hold your laugh.

"You were advertising yourself in the apartment elevator." Hyun-Kyung finished and the lawyer's wife went beside him with a look of disbelief. "It's not a promotion. I'm accepting cases. Don't you know what “accepting cases” mean?" He said embarrassed. "I write novels, you know," Hyun-Kyung said back. Damn, the girl had a fire in her.

"Calm down, everyone. Calm down." The representative stood up. "Yes, good." She said once everyone was silent. "I know you're all sensitive now, but we shouldn't be fighting among ourselves. I didn't see any infected either, but you're all saying the same thing.." She said but didn't get to finish her sentence because the disrespectful doctor interrupted her by making a loud noise.

"I'll give you money." He said and stood up while swaying his wallet in the air. "If any of you figure out what's happening outside.. It's not much, but I'll give you 200,000 won." He said while counting his money. "If they really are outside, we should stay inside. And we can share the food until the situation is clear." The lawyer's wife said.

"If you're not going outside then.." He said but you cut him off. "Make it 500,000 and I'll go right now." Everyone turned to you. He didn't say anything for a moment, but he went up to you and gave you the cash.

You took your key card from your pocket and handed it to Andrew. "You guys can take some food inside while I'm gone." You said to the cleaner couple. "Do you need anything outside?" You asked Dr. Oh, because it felt like you had to since he gave you a generous amount of money after all. "Just get me some batteries and lots of water." He said and you nodded.

"Bye-bye." You said to everyone and went up to the entrance to move some of the barricades. If Sae-bom or Yi-Hyun were here, they'd kill you.

"Alright.." You opened the sliding door and went outside while holding a broom, just in case.

——————————————

"I believe I told you to stay home." Yi-Hyun said while everyone went outside and into the hallway. "Why?" The doctor asked. "You're supposed to release him 48 hours after arresting him without a warrant." Lawyer Kook Hae-seong told him.

"Does everyone know that you're a murderer, Mr. Oh?" Yi-Hyun said loudly so everyone could hear. "You're atrocious. Do you have any witnesses?" The doctor said quietly. "Some of you saw my wife wandering around, right?" He asked while trying to explain himself. "I called an ambulance and took her outside. I do admit that I couldn't protect my wife until the end. My heart breaks the most! Is failing to protect my wife until the end such a big crime?" He asked and everyone around them left.

Andrew stopped for a moment and faced Sae-bom. "Your friend left the building, she took a bribe." He said to her. "What?" Sae-bom asked worriedly. "The doctor from the sixth floor bribed people into going outside. Goodbye, then." He said and walked away.

——————————————

You sneakily hid behind a wall while looking around for anything. You spotted the grocery store and quickly went inside. "Cowards." You said while laughing silently. They keep saying they want to go and see what's outside but then hesitate. You thought in your head.

You put your broom down and took an eco-bag from a counter. You took all the batteries, a few flashlights, some water bottles, and a kitchen knife to protect yourself. You opened the flashlight and put some batteries in it and put it in your mouth to use it. You took a peek inside the checkout counters and found something interesting. You held the Polaroid camera in your hands, it must've been left by the owner because it looked used. There were a few films left and you took them with you too.

Before leaving the grocery store, you opened everything that was packaged and just put it all in your eco-bag. You weren't sure if it was necessary, but you still wanted to be sure just in case the thief alarm accidentally rings.

You were now sneaking back to the apartment, but you quickly got distracted from what you saw. A cute white cat was quickly walking towards you and you didn't know if you were gonna be scared or think it was cute. It stopped in front of you and you scooped it in your arms.

You went back to your objective of going back to the apartment. You were getting close and could see it already which made you sigh in relief. You were walking to the doors and was just about to ask someone to open them for you, but a voice of a man interrupted you.

You pointed your flashlight towards the man's face to see him more clearly. "Hello." The sick-looking man said while slightly twitching. You took out your new knife and pointed it at him. "Go near me, and I'll stab you." You threatened. The cat in your arms leaned more into you and you couldn't deny that you were struggling on carrying everything. The man slowly walked towards you, and you were now leaning on the glass door.

——————————————

Sae-bom was waiting for the right moment to tell Yi-Hyun about you. She had told Jung-Kook earlier not to tell Yi-Hyun anything yet because she didn't want him to go out in the night too. They were both inside the gym and she was walking around worriedly while Yi-Hyun noticed something was wrong.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Yi-Hyun asked her. Sae-bom was about to confess, but she heard silent voices outside. Yi-Hyun heard it too because he was now walking towards Sae-bom and he looked at her while holding her hands.

"(Y/n).. She went outside earlier." Sae-bom said and the both of them ran to the entrance. Miraculously, they saw your back leaning on the locked doors. It was nighttime, so there were barely any lights outside. "Go near me, and I'll stab you." They heard you say and Yi-Hyun quickly opened the door and pulled you inside.

——————————————

"Could you please help me?" He said and you smiled at him, a little nervous. You were just about to respond, but you heard footsteps and a click and someone quickly pulled you inside while locking the doors again. The man outside ran away because he got scared.

You turned off your flashlight and looked at who just saved you. "What were you thinking?!" Yi-Hyun asked you loudly and the cat in your arms ran inside the gym because of the noise. "Was that a cat?" Sae-bom asked you and she went near you to inspect you if you had any injuries.

"No, it was a goat. And I'm fine! Don't worry about me." You said while sneaking in a joke while trying to lighten the tense atmosphere. The two adults kept asking you if you were fine and you lost track of how many times you said you were okay. The two had left you downstairs and you went inside the gym to rest. Your new cat was sitting near Mr. Kim, who was handcuffed to exercising equipment while zoning out.

You put your eco-bag down on a table and sat down. You were too lazy and exhausted to go up to your unit anyway, plus you didn't have your key because you just gave it away. You leaned your head down on the table to try and get some sleep.

Your cat walked to you and went under your chair to curl up and get some sleep too. Hopefully, no one was allergic to cats.