Elizabeth had cooked ham with stuffing, gravy, roasted potatoes, steamed and seasoned brussel sprouts, corn, casserole, and baked mac n cheese.  Noah can feel her mouth drooling at the sight of all the food.  Emily is having a hard time believing the sight before her but is trying to be nice.

"This all looks amazing," Emily finally mutters.

"Thank you," Elizabeth beams and points to the dining room, "Go on and sit down, I'll bring the dishes over."

"I'll help," Emily says and carefully picks up the roasted potato dish.  Elizabeth sends her daughter a thankful smile and carries a dish over herself.

Seeing as neither of them is going to let Elizabeth do everything on her own, Noah grabs the glasses for their drinks.  She pours herself a sweet tea from the fridge.  She looks at Emily, holding up another empty glass to silently ask her what she wants.   Emily nods at the wine glass and Noah nods, taking the cork out and pouring her mother's drink.

"Elizabeth?" Noah asks as she holds up a wine glass.

"Oh, yes, thank you," Elizabeth answers and watches Noah pour her a glass, "Where'd you learn to pour a glass like that?"

"My mother," Noah giggles and hands her grandmother the glass.

"You know, you can call me Grandma," Elizabeth notes and sees Emily walk the last dish into the dining room, "Or you can be formal like her and call me grandmother."

Noah chuckles at the statement and grabs her drink as well as Emily's.  The two walk into the dining room to find Emily waiting for them.  Noah hands Emily her drink as she sits next to the seat at the head of the table.

"Thank you, honey," Emily says and sits across the table from her daughter, leaving the seat at the head of the table for her mother.

"So, Noah, how has school been?" Elizabeth asks.

"It's been okay, glad to be on break, though," Noah replies as she takes her first bite of food, "Mm, this is good."

"Thank you," Elizabeth says and looks over at Emily, who has not said much, "So, where were you living before you moved in with Emily?"

"Mother," Emily interrupts, but Noah shakes her head.

"It's okay, Em," Noah assures her, "I was actually living in Seattle."

"I've always liked it there," Elizabeth comments, "I've stopped through there a few times.  It's too bad I always caught it on rainy days."

"Well, that's Seattle for you," Noah chuckles.

"Were you living with a family?"

"Uh, my Mom, Dad, and older brother," Noah nods as she takes a sip of her drink, "But my dad left when I was twelve and my adoptive mother is dead now."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Elizabeth apologizes for bringing up a sore subject.

"It's okay," Noah shrugs, taking another bite of food.  Emily peers over at her mother, finding the woman's eyes to be locked on the teen.  Elizabeth cannot help but wonder how the teen is so nonchalant about everything.

"So, any boys?" Elizabeth asks out of nowhere.  Noah almost chokes on her drink as she hears the words.

"Uh, no," Noah states with confidence.

"How come?  None of those smart boys at the academy are cute enough?"

"None of them are my type," Noah shrugs again and looks down at her plate.  Emily smiles at her daughter, but tries to keep a straight face in order to keep Noah's secret.