chapter one

"kiara, before you leave, just know that your room will always be ready for you, if you need to come back. please don't forget to call us, when you arrive and text us, every single day." kiara's mom said, saddened by her daughter's moving out.

"i won't forget mom, i'll miss you guys." kiara says, looking at her parents. they're all standing in the garden, saying goodbye for the last time. today is the day kiara will be moving out of her childhood home.

"we will miss you to kiara, please look after yourself." her dad says before embracing his only child. the three of them hug goodbye.

kie lets go of her hold on her parents and turns around, looking at the 5 people she calls her bestfriends. one of them soon to be her roommate. "let's go!" john b shouts excitedly. kiara laughs a bittersweet laugh, before turning back around to her parents, she smiles at them once more, and then she walks away towards the twinkie.

she gets in the car and is greeted by her friends. her parents wave at her before john b drives the car out of her driveway.

"are you excited?" her friend sarah asks, with a huge smile on her face. kie nods smiling, "can't believe after wishing for this day for so long, it's finally here." 

kiara turned 18 a month ago, making her a legal adult. when kiara was only 15, she met her current bestfriends. there's john b, he's a year older than kie, but none the wiser. kie sees him as her brother, her sometimes very annoying but also very kind and caring brother.

then there is pope, who is the smartest out of them all, he  likes to brag about that. pope and kie once misunderstood their adoration for eachother as romantic feelings, it turned out pretty ugly. that was a few summers ago though, and now both of them see eachother as bestfriends and just that.

sarah, john b's girlfriend, is quite honestly one of kie's favourite people. she came into her life one summer, like an angel rescuing her. her friendgroup had consisted of only boys, until 2 summer ago, john b started dating sarah. after that sarah became apart of the group, and her and kie became inseparable.

and last but not least, there's jj. jj is kiara's bestest friend, they had always been close, but especially after both john b and pope started seeing people, they became exceptionally close. they're so close that they will be living in the same house as of today.

it had always been kiara's dream, to live a life independently, without her parents dragging her to shitty events or bugging her about all her wrong doings. she wanted to live on her own, or perhaps with a friend, someone she trusted dearly, and that someone was jj.

after a lot of convincing, her parents managed to agree on kiara moving out. only because the apartment she wanted to move in to wasn't far away, and their daughter had promised to call or text them everyday. and she wouldn't be living alone, even if they weren't very fond of jj, they would rather have him live there with her, than let kiara live there all by herself. and after all, their little girl wasn't so little anymore, and they had to let her go at some point.

"of course she is, she's gonna be living with her boyfriend." cleo says laughing.

cleo. pope's girlfriend. the two of them had met out on the beach last summer, after many failed attempts to try and ignore their feelings for eachother, they finally started dating a few months ago. cleo was a nice person, she got along with the group and kiara was quite fond of her. cleo isn't really apart of the group tho, she isn't around as often as the rest, and is usually out with her own group of friends.

"well, aren't you feeling funny today." kie said, sarcasm laced in her voice. "kie, you think we should get some groceries right now? or later?" jj asks, turned towards kiara, who's sitting behind him. "uh, we should probably drop all my stuff at home first. we can get food tonight." kiara answers. jj nods, before turning back around.