Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"I will never understand the pedestal you have me on in your head," I whispered. "You act like I'm an angel."

"You're pretty close," she said.

I leaned closer to her, "If you had any clue about what goes through my head whenever you're around you wouldn't be saying that."

Her cheeks flamed and she ducked her head. "We should go down."

I grinned and gestured for her to lead the way. She untucked her hair and it fell forward blocking her face, I shake my head to myself and follow her down. "It's about time," Mom said when we walked into the dining room.

"It's Peter's fault," Violet said without hesitation and I gapped at her. She's not seriously going to throw me under the bus here is she? "He was being lazy and wouldn't get out of bed." Wow. She's shoving me under the bus and breaking my legs so I can't crawl away.

Mom cleared her throat and looked at me expectantly. I shot Violet a look, I could feel her smugness through the bond. "Sorry Mom. Next time I'll be faster."

'About getting down or about pointing the finger?' Violet snickered through the bond as we sat down.

I placed my hand on her thigh underneath the table and Violet jumped slightly before her own hand gripped mine tightly trying to remove it. I smirked to myself. 'Problem?'

'Behave!' she hissed back.

I flexed my fingers and slid my hand up slightly. 'Well if I already made us late I have nothing to lose.'

She cleared her throat and picked up her fork indicating that I had to remove my hand to eat. I did so and laughed mentally as her shoulders dropped with relieved tension.

Violet didn't say anything for the rest of dinner, not that it was very unusual, Violet was always quiet. When we got to my room she closed and locked the door without a word. I swallowed. This can't be good. I'm flashing back to her taking fighting lessons every other Friday and Saturday for 6 years. She didn't say anything to me as she stole one of my shirts, gave me her back slowly started to strip off her clothes.

I could feel my wolf clawing to get out at the sight of her in nothing but her underwear. Is she trying to give me a heart attack as revenge? She stretched out her arms and back before pulling on my shirt. It fell to the top of her thighs leaving her legs bare.

Violet finally turned around and looked at me. I stalked towards her and she matched my steps with her own back. Her back hit the wall and I closed the gap between us. "You shouldn't tease people, my little Violet."

She let out a shaky breath. "I-I don't know w-what you're talking about."

I leaned forward so my mouth hovered over the pit of her neck. "Don't you?"

I blew slightly on her neck and she shuddered leaning her head back and closing her eyes. "Peter," she nearly moaned.

I smirked to myself and pressed my mouth to her skin. 'Still want to tease me, Violet?'

Her fingers dug into my shoulders pressing me closer. I could feel my self-control slipping and the urge mark her was taking over. 'Peter,' Violet moaned through the bond, 'just mark me already.'

Violet

'Peter, just mark me already.' Words that I never imagined I say, even if it wasn't actually aloud.

Peter pulled back and looked at me, surprise evident in his features. 'Are you sure?' he asked through the bond almost as if he were worried if he spoke out loud the moment would shatter.