He is, indeed a performer- a band member, with his meticulous taste.

"Minsan lang ako makanood ng ganito, dapat ayusin na. 'Yan Chil okay na."

After checking and playing some tune randomly to stretch her fingers, Xochitl finally started strumming the guitar, slowly.

"You were in college, working part-time, waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk, with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love,
if it never lasts"

Once she started playing they can't help but feel the shiver run through their bodies, it was the shiver that's comfortable and calm at the same time.

The tune was slower than the original.

Gian and Andre can't help but gasped as they felt goosebumps as they heard her sing. Her sweet voice echoing through the microphone and through the whole hideout. Gi even said "woah" habang napahawak sa batok niya dahil nakakatayo ng balahibo ang lamig ng boses nito.

Her voice is really not very special but it was nonetheless bracing. It was chilly, fresh yet comforting.

And so they watched her fondly. They already know that Xochitl is amazing, no matter what she does she's just effortlessly great, and she will always stay that way, in her friends' eyes no matter what. But then she once again proved she's Xochitl.

She's so good, it's as if she's singing the best version of the song. Like the best acoustic cover of Mine.

"I say, "Can you believe it?"
As we're lyin' on the couch"

She raised her head looked at them and smiled bago niya inilipat ang tingin sa lalaking nakatayo at nakasandal sa armrest ng couch. Xochitl thinks he's really handsome.

The moment, I can see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now
Do you remember, we were sittin', there by the water?
You put your arm around me
for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine"

It's as if he's the only one she can see, well naturally because she's singing this song for that specific person.

While they were watching her play she's only looking at him.

"Flash forward, and we're takin' on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes"

Their parents' mistake.

'that's right' Xochitl thought, she remember how he said that, for him, if talking cannot express his intentions and his feelings anymore he can only rely on music. That's why he would always sing for her, before.

"And we got bills to pay
We got nothin' figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes
This is what I thought about
Do you remember, we were sittin' there, by the water?
You put your arm around me, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine"

"Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine
Oh, oh, oh, oh"

This time siya naman. 'can you feel it? I hope you do.'

"And I remember that fight, two-thirty am
'Cause everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street"

While she was staring at him, he stared back. At that moment she felt something changed with the way they looked at each other, both in him and hers. She cannot exactly pinpoint what it is and if it was a good thing or not.

Another glance, she thinks it is not.

"Brace myself for the goodbye,
'Cause that's all I've ever known"

Although she remained calm singing her eyes moved, a bit troubled, 'Am I too late?'

"Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone"
You said, "I remember how we felt, sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine"
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine"

Her friends were busy watching her, maybe they didn't realize that she's already singing the song a bit lower than she ought to, a bit sadder, it's her first time singing this in front them anyway.
'Rush, I was just starting, why do I feel like I can see your answer already?
Maybe it's already okay that she told him what he means to her, through the song? Maybe that's just it?

Then she didn't have the feeling to sing the last line, so she stopped there, her friends started clapping slowly, amazed by her, but they didn't see what she saw, again. Siya lang nanaman ulit yung mabilis makagets. She wished she's not that good at sensing everything.

*********
Author's:

About the vid, that was the closest one sa naimagine ko sanang version na acoustic ng mine.

Credits to TheValeOz in youtube for his vid/song.

ANDDD

If you want to listen to the songs I play when writing this story you can check it just go to my acc here, I posted it, or just search Dous & Xochitl's on spotify and you'll see the playlist or here;

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7kyEk0aSSYUNK5uXy3WZAq?si=BmNPMtf6QCOsiRSPON7MmQ&utm_source=copy-link

I'll check the errors for the chaps tomorrow, so so sorry muna sa mali maling grammars and typos and such, sa ngayon. Good night!🤍