𝟸 ; ᴀʀᴄᴀᴅᴇ ᴅᴀᴛᴇs

I love you more than I can show, [ name ].

Maybe it was over-hearing the girls in his class

-

"Guys nowadays suck," he'd caught, and he pretended to continue paying attention to his console. "Imagine not taking girlfriends to dates. I have to do everything in my relationship!"

He squinted, wondering when the last time he did something for  [ name ] was. 

"Girl, this is why we stick to fictional men!" Another exclaimed, and all of them laughed, some agreements being said. A button on his console was missed, a faint 'game over' barely reaching Kenma's ears as he inwardly panicked. He wasn't fictional!

-

Maybe it was [ name ] metioning the new arcade that had opened up.

-

"Kenmaa," [ name ] called boredly, scrolling through her feed, and eventually dropping her phone. Everything seemed to be slow and bland that day; why did nothing exciting happen where they lived?

"Yeah?" Kenma answered, popping off his headphone and looking at her. She made grabby hands, and Kenma let out one of his little chuckles, walking over to where she was and wrapping his arms around her waist. They laid down together, holding each other.

"I'm so bored," she muttered into him, curving into the warmth and intertwining her legs with his. He hummed, closing his eyes. Both of them stayed that way until [ name ] got a notification, causing her to remove one hand from Kenma and sluggishly patting around for her device.

"Oh," She'd whispered, her eyes moving across the screen. She sighed silently before putting the phone down and burying herself back into Kenma.

"What was it?" He asked, patting her head. He'd always liked to be in contact with her; be it holding hands, leaning into her or just patting her on the head. She'd usually smile when she felt his familiar touch, and would reciprocate.

"A new arcade opened up not too far from here," She moved back to run her hands through his bleached hair, kissing his forehead once before leaning into him again. "Sounds like it's pretty popular."

-

Whatever the reason may be, the one and only Kenma Kozume had decided to take you there.

"Where are we going?" [ name ] asked him yet again, and he squeezed her hand, running his thumb over her knuckles. 

"Patience, love," he muttered, smiling at her. She pouted, puffing her cheeks out in an attempt to look angry, but his expression melted whatever fury she tried to express.

"Fine," she huffed, leaning back into the metro seat. She put her head on Kenma's shoulder, and he supported her action, reciprocating by resting his head against her's.

"You'll see soon enough," He took his phone out and checked the map one last time, making sure to hide the screen from an increasingly impatient [ name ].

Kenma had decided to wear a solid pastel red coloured hoodie with baggy jeans underneath, loosely tying his long hair behind him. He looked over to [ name ], who was wearing a comfortable outfit that she pulled off flawlessly in his eyes, and found himself slinging an arm around her shoulder. He pulled her closer.

~ - ~

Kenma slowly took his hands off [ name ]'s eyes, watching as she gasped loudly, her eyes widening and her hands flying to her mouth.

He had never been one for surprises or out-of-nowhere dates, so [ name ] was extremely curious as to why he'd suddenly texted her saying "im taking u somewhere, ill pick you up in 20"; but this was enough to nearly bring tears to her eyes. Metaphorically, of course. ( or is it? )

"Aw, Kenma!" The girl all but screeched, latching onto him. "I can't believe this!"

Kenma hugged back, smiling at her before she ran into the arcade. He bought them both cards to use for the games, and they challanged each other in every single one they could find.
[ name ] would insist for a rematch every time she lost, and Kenma would oblige with amused eyes, winning once more.

Kenma would watch as she would yell out, gritting her teeth and frowning at the game, choosing to blame poor quality for his win. When she'd win, she'd smile mockingly at Kenma for a second before breaking out into real, true laughter; and Kenma didn't even realise as he started losing on purpose just to see her smile.

They continued until they tired out.

~ - ~

To say that [ name ] loved food was an understatement. Regardless of whether she had an appetite or ate very little, she loved to taste new things or relish in old ones, and so Kenma decided to take her to the very resteraunt they'd first eaten together at.

She sat down at a familiar booth, ordering whatever her heart wished. Kenma watched intently as she ate, and his heart would warm every time he'd see her enoying the meal.

"Don't stare, Ken," [ name ] whined with her cheeks full, causing Kenma to laugh a bit. "It makes me feel conscious."

"Don't," Kenma reached across the table to take one of her hands in his, looking down at how their hands fit into each others'. "You're beautiful."

"Hearing that from someone as gorgeous as you makes it a bit unbelievable," [ name ] laughed, squeezing his palm slightly.

"Shush, no, you're the prettiest."

 ~ - ~

The metro home was pleasant. The walk back was accompanied by soft wind and comfortable silence, butterflies going crazy in both Kenma and [ name ]'s stomachs. They held hands, swaying them back and forth as they moved in synchronized steps.

The trip was short, and they were not ready to say good night. Their fingers stayed together in the chilly atmosphere, refusing to leave the warmth they had while being intertwined. 

"Uh," [ name ] whispered, treating the silence as if it was a fragile peace of glass. "Thank you for today, Kenma. I loved it."

Kenma moved closer to her, raising his free arm up to her cheeks, and she subconciously leaned into his hand.

"I love you more than I can show, [ name ]." He muttered, and the distance between their cold lips closed quick. Their hands came apart, only to be hooked behind the other.

"I love you too, Kenma," [ name ] muttered into the space between them a bit after they broke apart, with their foreheads touching the other's. "Thank you."

And somewhere in his mind, Kenma decided that he'd have to take her to dates more often.