Gala For Goodness

Start from the beginning

I noticed Piranha blushing and he said, "So are you."

He was starting to make me blush.

"Gabi," he whispered, holding my fins in his own. "Run away with me."

“What?" I gasped, feeling flustered.

“We can get out of here," he explained. “Drive off into the sunset, legacy cemented. Nobody telling us what to do, no holding back inappropriate laughs, no being forced to hide special talents... We can just be ourselves. Forever."

“Oh, Piranha," I said breathlessly. “This is all so sudden..."

“Is... Is that a yes?"

“Thank you! Thank you, Mr. Wolf!" Marmalade said, taking the microphone. “As you know, the money donated tonight will be delivered tomorrow to schools, hospitals, and other worthy causes across the city!"

At that moment, Wolf stepped up, cleared his throat and said, “I just want to take a moment to recognize the one responsible for our new outlook. Our brilliant mentor..."

As Wolf gave his speech, I noticed that he was holding a tiny red button behind his back. What did that do? I wondered.

“The one and only Professor..." before Wolf could finish his sentence, I saw him look over at Diane, who seemed to be quite proud of him. “Professor..."

“Wolf, do it!" Webs whispered. Do what?

At that moment, Wolf removed his thumb from the button. “Professor Marmalade!"

I sighed in relief as the chief opened the glass box containing the Golden Dolphin.

“Chief, may I do the honors?" Wolf asked, and she handed him the Dolphin so he could give it to the Professor personally.

“Thank goodness," I said to myself. “For a second, I thought he was gonna do something terrible."

“A deal's a deal," Diane said to Wolf. “By the power vested in me, it is a pleasure to grant the Bad Guys a full–"

Suddenly, the lights went out! Fortunately, it only lasted for a few seconds. Unfortunately...

“The meteorite is gone!" someone exclaimed. We all looked up to find the Love Crater Meteorite was no longer on display.

“Somebody stole it!" another guest shouted. At that moment, everyone glared at the Bad Guys.

“Piranha, what's going on?" I asked.

“I-I-I don't know," he stuttered. “This wasn't part of the plan."

“Piranha!" Webs yelled.

I raised an eyebrow. “What plan?"

“Chief..." Wolf chuckled as the chief stomped at him with a fierce glare.

“Wolf..." she growled.

“Come on!" he said. “You can't possibly think that we did this!"

“So long, suckers!" a message with Wolf's face played on the screen behind him.

“RUN!" Snake yelled. With that, the Bad Guys ran off quicker than a jackrabbit on a date.

“Get them!" the chief ordered the rest of the cops. The rest of the gala guests cleared the area to avoid the chaos while I remained on stage with Diane and Marmalade, feeling more confusion than ever before.

“This doesn't make sense," I said to the Professor. “The lights were only out for two seconds. How could they take a meteorite that heavy that quickly?!"

“Gabriela, get in the car," Marmalade ordered.

“But sir, you're not listening to me!"

“Neither did you, I told you to stay home," he pointed out. “Now, get in the car!"

Then, Wolf ran back to the stage to Diane with a map and a pen.

“What are you doing?" Diane asked.

“Here!" he said, exasperated. “I'm giving it all back!"

As Wolf went to rejoin the others, I decided to go after them, desperate for answers.

“What happened back there?!" Snake asked Wolf.

“I couldn't do it!" he admitted. Do what?

“What do you mean, you couldn't do it?"

“I-I-I... I just–"

“No!" Piranha shouted, making everyone else freeze in their tracks. He then walked in between Wolf's legs and towards the crowd. “I do not run! That is not how I roll!"

“Piranha, don't do anything crazy," Wolf warned him. Piranha just laughed manically.

“Crazy is what I bring to the party, chico!" he shouted, taking out a gun and pointing it to the sky. He launched a grappling hook into the air... only for it to fall back down and land on Shark's head.