𝒙𝒗𝒊. the consequences of waiting

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
( THE CONSEQUENCES OF WAITING ) *:・゚

         THE TRIPLETS ALL hung out with each other in their living room. They were home by themselves that night as the rest of their family were out running errands. The three of them were all sitting down on their couch as they were on their phones. The television was turned on to provide background noise as they sat there in silence. Each of them did something different on their phones. Nick was on Tik Tok, Matt was on Instagram, and Chris was texting Jasmine — they've been talking a lot recently.

As Matt scrolled on his feed in Instagram, he stopped when he saw a picture of Spencer. He saw that Amy posted it, and at first he didn't think anything of it; it was just two friends hanging out. But then, he checked her story and saw another picture of Spencer where they were clearly out eating together. He still didn't really think much of it until he went back to Amy's post and scanned the comments.

The comments confirmed the suspicion he wished wasn't true. Amelia was on a date with Spencer. Matt couldn't believe what he was seeing. He never expected her to go on an actual date with the person she has a crush on. Matt's known her for years and he knows for a fact that the thought of going on dates repulsed her. It meant that she liked Spencer so much, she was willing to agree on going on a date with him. Matt couldn't help it, but he was jealous.

         He was so jealous to the point where he was sick of and disgusted by himself. He believed he had no right to be jealous. But again, he couldn't help it. He wanted to be the one Amelia would break her own rules for. He wanted to be the one to help her with her identity crises. He wanted to be the one to teach her new hobbies. He's waited to be that person for her for so long. He waited too long for the perfect opportunity to stop being a coward and tell her. He missed his chance.

         But worst of all, she didn't even tell him about the date. In hindsight, that little detail may not be very significant to know, but to Matt it was. Matt and Amy told each other everything — whether Nick and Chris knew too or not. She only told Matt secrets and details she felt Chris and Nick would judge or tease her for. But with Matt, she knew he would never do that unless he knew she was comfortable. So the fact Amy didn't tell him made him feel uneasy.

         "Hey, did you guys know Amy's on a date with Spencer?" He asked his brothers.

         "Oh my god, yeah. But, like, I found that out ten minutes ago." Nick told him. Chris spoke as well, "Yeah, I didn't even know about it either until a few minutes ago either. Jasmine and I are talking about it right now."

         "Isn't it weird she didn't tell us though?" Matt inquired. "Like, she was freaking out about him looking at her last week and now she's on a date with him?"

         "I mean. . . I guess?" Nick said, taking his eyes off his phone and looking at his brother. "To be fair, we probably would've made like a thousand jokes about it."

         "Yeah, but dates aren't even something she's that into. Why would she ask him out?" Matt questioned.

         "Nah, Spencer definitely asked her out." Chris said.