oneshot.

ALL TOO WELL

written by vantaeblush

tags;

heavy angst, fluff, romcom, set in the 90s, heartbreak, taekook, cliche, highschool au, top tae, bot koo, smut, cheating, twenty five years later, regret, kim taehyung is whipped as a whipped cream, koo is a shy baby, forbidden love, secret relationship ,family rivals

inspired by a song called all too well (taylor's version) by taylor swift.

word count; 20k words

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

September 1, 1997 — Seoul, South Korea

The loud noise of television echoed in the whole mansion. A broadcasting news was flashing on the screen, the female news reporter's voice could be heard loudly and clearly as she was currently reporting Princess Diana's death.

It was eight in the morning and Jeon Jeongguk was very excited, not only because it's monday and first day of the school, starting his last year in high school to be exact. but because it is also his seventeenth birthday today.

His special day.

"I can't believe she died, oh my. God bless her soul." Mrs. Jeon says and sips her tea.

Her husband, Mr Jeon, also sits on her left side, holding and reading a newspaper, focusing his eyes on it rather intensely, too immersed in the words written on the paper.

Jeongguk woke up happily half an hour ago, but a frown quickly appeared on his face when his parents barely acknowledged him, only hearing a small birthday greeting and small smiles plastered on their faces.

But what can he expect from the people he's supposed to call his parents?

Meetings, business trips, always leaving Jeongguk alone in the mansion and barely having time to spend with him.

Life is supposed to be easy for rich people but Jeongguk has to disagree on that. He may have the money and privileges but he doesn't have that parental love that he craved almost every single day.

His doe eyes looked gleaming, he thought his parents would surprise him with cake or even throw a party for him but how wrong he was.

He shouldn't have had expectations but nonetheless, he tried to not let it affect his whole mood..The whole dining table fell into a comfortable silence but to Jeongguk, it was awkward and suffocating.

All of his life, his parents were never there for him most of the time. Prioritizing their work instead of their own child.

They had always kept reminding Jeongguk to maintain his good grades and his spot as the highest honor student in his class. Of course, being the obedient son that he is, he always obeys their words.

Even though there was one time Jeongguk almost passed out because he had studied too much, without even taking a break for his finals last year and only had one hour of sleep.

It felt like it was worth it, seeing both of his parents shining their smiles on him, always telling to continue the hard work.

But even if he could see the proud look on their faces, he was very tired but he had no room to complain.