I flinch. I hate myself for doing it, but damnit I flinch back and feel a blistering heat overcome me.

"I was locked in a fucking cage," my voice comes out hard and furious, "for almost the entirety of a year, I was stuck in a cage. I couldn't stand, hell, I couldn't even crouch. There was nothing but curling yourself into a ball and praying the guards don't pick you next to torture."

Malia blinks at me, "I was stuck in wolf form for years, life is hard for everyone. At least you only had one singular year."

Calloused hands grip my shoulders and try to pull me away from the demented wolf in front of me, but I shrug out of it.

"No, fuck you. There is no 'at least'. What happened to you was awful and what happened to me was awful. All you're doing is trying to make me grateful for my life outside of that experience, but reality check, that experience is intertwined with my life. I am not grateful for it, I am not happy for it. There is nothing that I deserve more than to be angry, fucking livid, at what has happened. You have no right to come to me and tell me how bad you've had it just because you feel some need to make this a competition."

My chest is heaving and I realize i'm still pulling against Derek's hold. I let out a trembling breath, betraying myself, before I step back completely into the man behind me. Derek wraps his arms around me protectively and I can feel his heart thundering against my back.

Malia opens her mouth to talk again and I tense up, preparing for more harsh words. None come, and I see Scott round the corner with his eyes blazing a murderous red.

"That is enough." His voice calls out through the space, moving to stand in front of me protectively. "I thought it would be a tiny argument that you two would get over quickly, but Malia, you took it too far. Walk away."

Malia lets out a rumble in protest, not moving in the slightest.

Scott's hands turn into fists as he lets out a growl that has Derek pulling me tighter against him, and Malia's eyes return to their normal color.

"Walk. Away." Scott grits out once more, not relaxing until she stomps out of the house.

As soon as she storms out of the house, everyone turns to stare at me. No one does anything except stare and it begins to make me uncomfortable with all of the attention.

"I-I'm sorry." I sputter out, hoping that no one will decide to open fire on me next.

A small growl rumbles at my ear before he speaks, "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, you handled that better than I would've."

A sigh escapes me in relief and my hands hold onto his arms tightly for comfort.

I feel his muscles flex under my hands and it distracts me immediately, "Well damn, someone's been working out."

His gruff laugh makes me shiver, "It's like a dog seeing a squirrel."

My eyebrows furrow at his backhanded words and I move back farther to graze his dick, "Whoops." I widen my eyes to accentuate my fake innocence.

Then, that draws my attention, "Hey remember when you had my di-"

His giant hand clamps over my mouth before I can expose him but Issac catches my drift and begins cackling.

Derek shoots him a glare, "You want to start with me? After all of the times i've walked in on you and Scott?"

Issac immediately sits back in his chair and pouts, drawing laughs from everyone. I make my way over to the couch as well and plop down, pulling Derek along side me. I notice Scott rubbing his chin as he stares down at his feet, and my eyebrows furrow in concern.