Part 19 | Return

A week had passed.

No one realised before, but now the tower felt... emptier somehow.

Opening the door, you stepped quietly into the living room.

"Hi" you mumbled, giving everyone a weak smile. "Sorry I left, I just-"

You were immediately cut off by Peter, Pietro, Bucky, Clint and Sam scooping you up into a tight hug as Wanda made everyone float out of excitement.

"Sorry! Sorry!" She exclaimed, hurriedly bringing everyone down as you awkwardly patted their heads until they let go.

"We missed you" Peter sniffled as the others nodded in agreement.

"Thanks" you chuckled. "It's nice to be needed."

At that moment, Thor entered the room, looking tired and sad.

"Y/n!" He boomed, perking up as his eyes met yours.

Hurrying over, he pulled you into a tight hug, beaming as he rambled about how happy he was to have you back.

"Hello" you smiled, sucking a deep breath after he finally let you go. "Maybe you lot aren't so bad after all."

"We aren't bad!" Tony cheered, holding his drink up in a salute.

Steve gave you a pat on the shoulder, Bruce, Nat and Wanda coming over to greet you with smiles on their faces.

"He missed you you know" Nat commented quietly. "A lot."

"I think that's an understatement" Wanda muttered. "All I've felt all week is sadness" she elaborated, tapping her temple. "It's been rolling out of his room and into mine in waves."

"Sorry Wan" you apologised, feeling bad that you're little argument had meant that had happened to her. Loki, you weren't so sure.

"It's alright, it not your fault" she reassured.

"Have you seen him?"

Bruce shook his head. "He hasn't left and his magic shattered the tiny cameras we had in his room to keep an eye on him."

"Please let him explain" Thor pleaded. "He's refused to talk to anyone to anyone since."

Heaving out a sigh, you finally agreed, trailing behind Thor up to the Gods room.

"Give me a moment."

You waited outside for a few minutes, hearing nothing inside. Assuming it was a trick, you pushed the door open.

Upon entering, you saw Thor glaring at a small black cat sitting in the corner.

"Thor, what in the Norns are you doing?" You asked, a bit annoyed.

The cat perked up, his head snapping over to you, its piercing green eyes staring at you.

"Suck it up and talk to her" Thor demanded, gesturing to you.

"Thor, buddy, I hate to break it to you-"

"That's my brother" he interrupted, sighing.

The cat rolled its eyes, hissing at Thor.

"Okay okay I'm going!"

The God of Thunder made his way over to the door, patting your shoulder on the way out.

It closed behind him with a bang, the loud noise replaced by silence as you stared at the cat-well, Loki.

"I don't speak cat" you said eventually, and it looked like he laughed, if cats could even do that.

In a shimmer of green he was back, standing in front of you.

"I'm so sorry darling" he began quickly, hoping to keep you in the room long enough to explain. "I was-"

"Have you been crying?" You asked incredulously, reaching up to lightly trace his red-rimmed eyes with your fingertips.

He stayed silent, leaning into your touch slightly as your hand skimmed over his cold cheek.

"I thought Gods didn't cry."

"Only for important things" he whispered, looking at the ground. "Darling I'm so sorry."

"I know" you murmured, smiling a tiny bit. "And I forgive you. Thor explained what happened, at the time it just hurt to hear."

Loki visibly relaxed, smiling sadly at you. "I'm so sorry my dear, I didn't mean a word of it."

Before you could answer, he leant forward and gently pressed his lips against yours, his hands reaching up to caress your cheeks.

"This is never something I thought I'd say, but I love you" you whispered nervously.

Loki smiled widely, a happy laugh leaving his lips. "I love you too N/n."

——————————————————-

And that, my friends, is the end of another book

Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this slightly hectic adventure, I certainly had so much fun writing it

And who knows? Maybe I'll see you all soon😉

- Liv <3