Chapter 22: Heroic Victims

Start from the beginning

The three with him were speechless at his words, none knew what to say to argue with him...and deep down they knew they couldn't take away this personal, and final request. Naruto walked up to him, and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"I may not like it, but I understand Tou-san. Personally I'd rather have you try to live the life I gave you, but if you feel this way is worth it I certainly won't stop you. I'm behind you Tou-san, and I'm proud of you...I'll give you the time you need to complete the jutsu" He reassured with a sad smile, tears also brimming his eyes.

Minato couldn't say anything, and saw his other two comrades nodding their heads in an affirmative manner at his request. Minato just nodded in acceptance, silently thanking them for helping him, and respecting his wish.

"Ah so you are finally finished with this overly dramatic scene?" Orochimaru said, his tone sounding like he was sick to his stomach. "Good...then kill the blond one." He finished, with a sickening grin.

The zombie Hokages nodded at their orders before shooting off towards their target. Naruto, Natsumi, and Sarutobi jumped in front of Minato as a shield until he finished his jutsu. And although all three were severely weakened thanks to their previous battles, they were still strong enough to keep the enemy Kages busy long enough for Minato to finish his handsealing.

"Fuuinjutsu: Shiki Fuujin (Spirit Sealing Method)!" The blond shouted, after he slammed his hand into the tiled roof.

The entire area dropped to such temperatures that breathe could be seen. The battles stopped mid punch and looked upon the effect of the jutsu. There behind Minato floated a white clad being, that looked like a demon...the Shinigami.

"Who summons the Shinigami?" A voice that caused all living beings that heard it to shiver.

"I have Shinigami-sama." Minato said while bowing towards the transparent being.

The Shinigami looked down to see it's summoner, and to those who could see it clearly thought they saw the being actually looked shocked...or as shocked as a death god could look.

"You! You have already summoned me once before, and used your soul as the price...how have you escaped your fate?"

"Unfortunately Shinigami-sama, that is a bit long to explain..." Minato answered scratching his head nervously...it was never a good idea to upset a god. "...but long story short I was summoned to this realm by a kinjutsu, and as events came to pass my soul was placed inside a human's, causing me to become alive once again. And now I need your help in free two other souls of my brethren that have suffered from the fate of this kinjutsu, as well as take the soul of our summoner."

The Shinigami spoke after a minute of contemplating the situation he was summoned into. "While I do not approve of the circumstances of the situation at hand, I am honor bound as a god to not directly interfere with the mortal plane, sans soul collecting. Be that as it may...because this situation is out of my control and I have been summoned once more, I will repeat the process that you had me do all those years ago. Who are the two that are you're brethren?"

Minato without a second though pointed at the zombie Hokages.

"Understood, and the summoner you spoke of?"

Minato then pointed towards a quite frightened Orochimaru...who since the summoning hadn't moved an inch nor taken the opportunity to kill his enemies due to the simple fear of the god floating in front of him.

"Understood...you realize that you will be sacrificing your soul for a second time? And no jutsu in the world will allow you're escape for a second time...I'll make sure of that I promise you."